Software update - possible or not?

DHL

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Have successfully installed Kaly 10.5.2, everything works fine except line-in audio. The remaining question - will software updates fry my install or not? Have heard that they will, but what about updates for applications, not OS parts, for apps like FCP, iWork, QT, proKit update, Safari etc. that are distributed through Software update?

Sorry if there was an answer somewhere - search simply returns too much topics.

The nature of the Hackintosh beast is that it's not supported by anyone; certainly not by Apple. So the answer to your question is a resounding "maybe". Seriously, there's only one way to find out and that is to install the update(s) and see what happens. Nobody makes any promises or guarantees with any of this stuff. Rule 1 is to keep good backups of anything you can't afford to lose.

I've updated iLife, Quicktime, and iTunes fine through the normal software update. I have found that for some reason I have to go back and replace my nForce ATA kext in order to see my other IDE drives (Vista and Linux), but since I am running Leopard on an external that isn't a big deal. Other than that slight issue, no problems here.