Is there away to do this?

hey_moe

2 posts in this topic

I brought a Apple laptop last month and it comes with the OS disk. Is there a way to install it on my main frame computer. I have Leo4 on it now and have tried to install it and over write the OS, it will only let me install the packages, any suggestions? If ya asking yourself why I wanna rewrite this , it is because I have never been able to get sleep mode to wake up, I have tried all kext...ect..ect and no luck so far so I wanna see if this will help... Mike

Most of the packaged installers now include the vanilla kernel, meaning that the image you downloaded is no different than the retail cd's other than they'll boot on your PC and include drivers and other hacked kernels. If your system doesn't support the vanilla kernel, then the retail CDs won't help you.

Not that you could install leopard from the retail dvd's on your PC without some modification. Best thing to do is try the different kernels if you have the time and see which one works best for you. If you can run vanilla then thats the way to go.