graphic acceleration

thret

5 posts in this topic

So i had installed mac 1.4.8 Jas only with intel kext and then i installed graphic card drivers using Universal GeForce installer, i can change resolution and everything, computer recognize my card correctly as NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900Xt, but im not sure that i've got everything i need because for example when im scrolling web in browser isnt smooth, moving/resizing window also not smooth, or when im trying to watch movie fullscreen the same thing....

shoul i install something or thas normal?

At the left top of your screen there is a apple, clicking on this apple opens a menu, after you select "about this mac" a small info box opens, selecting "more info" in this box, opens a bigger display of "stuff", under hardware, selecting "graphics/displays" the right pane should fill with details about your video system.

Things to look for:

Your video card should be identified

(if it's not either the driver is not installed, or installed correctly, or it is the wrong one)

You should see "core image" and "quartz extreme" both supported.

(if not then you have installed the wrong driver)

At the end of the day: scrolling/moving/re-sizing is also a function of ram. You don't say how much ram you have, but if it is less than 1g, you are simply fooling yourself.

While I have nothing bad to say about Jas 10.4.8 it is simply dated. You might want to consider 10.4.11, I did a small write-up on an install under Dell Dimension 4400.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103250

as i said my graphic card is correctly recognize:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0332

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

but as you can see Core image and quartz extreme are not supported also i dont know why there is No display connected and my card isnt on PCI but AGP.

so where i can find suitable drivers for ma card?

i found something like this on titan.kext wiki about my video card:

Full QE/CI/OpenGL.

With JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 AMD Combo Update + Semthex 8.8.1 Kernel Beta 9 (SSE2).

Using Original 10.4.8 NVDA*.kext, GeForce*.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext &

10.4.8 OpenGl.Framework (No kext editing required)

and now im looking for a good soul who can tell me what to do step by step :thumbsup_anim:

only problem is that im not having amd but intel procesor and when im installing mac with standard nvidia drivers it stucks on bootscreen... so can anyone tel me what should i download and install to make it works?