PCI Wireless Expresscard N1

evercleardoc

1 post in this topic

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the hackintosh scene but I've been messing around with installing various hardware and software onto my laptop (HP DV 9260nr) -

geekbench results with couple of programs running in background:

Geekbench Score 2673

Version Geekbench 2.0.15

Platform Mac OS X x86 (64-bit)

Operating System Mac OS X 10.5.2 (Build 9C7010)

Processor Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

Model Hackintosh

Memory 3.00 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

and System info:

System Information

Platform Mac OS X x86 (64-bit)

Compiler GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

Operating System Mac OS X 10.5.2 (Build 9C7010)

Model Hackintosh

Motherboard Quanta 30BD 66.37

Processor Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

Processor ID GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6

Logical Processors 2

Physical Processors 1

Processor Frequency 2.00 GHz

L1 Instruction Cache 32.0 KB

L1 Data Cache 32.0 KB

L2 Cache 4.00 MB

L3 Cache 0.00 B

Bus Frequency 2.67 GHz

Memory 3.00 GB

Memory Type 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

SIMD 1

BIOS Hewlett-Packard F.16

Processor Model Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

Currently, I am also having the same problem everyone else is with the intel 3945 abg wifi... but I have a PCI express slot that a Belkin N1 Wireless Expresscard that fits perfectly in the 34pin slot and is recognized as apple's airport and works without a problem - just unrecognized vendor. But it seems to run a little slower than my USB 2.0 version the Belkin N wifi dongle... Shouldn't the Expresscard have a faster throughput or is it just the luck of drivers i'm running? I'm not really sure and any input would help.

When I go to about this mac it shows the hackintosh - and it shows the wifi dongle as a USB hispeed port. the Expresscard is located in the airport card section without any additional drivers added. The USB dongle needed the belkin drivers to be installed in order to work and is not recognized as an airport card.

Plus.... the expresscard just has a coolness factor that it is almost flush into the computer w/o an extra dongle hanging out.

My question is: Is there a way to test which one is faster in throughput or transfer (using d/l sites it looks like the USB dongle is faster) and theoretically, which one should be faster?

By the way I'm running Kalyway 10.5.1 w/ combo update to 10.5.2 with all apple updates running vanilla - all hardware including my HD-DVD burner and HDMI output is working, just no headphone output jack... time machine works great and my built in NIC (gigabit chipset) works 100% and is fastest for initial time machine backup.

Any info/input would help greatly. thanks so much!

-evercleardoc