Installing 3G EVDO Card into MacBook Air

29 posts in this topic

Hello, everybody. I´ll receive my Macbook air this week, and my intention is to make a similar mod. As i live in Spain i use Hsdpa system, ill use the usb to mini-pcie card of the USB720 card attached to a Novatel EU850D HSDPA that im using in my Msi wind with MacOsx. I could access to a dismounted MBA and i think that i will have enough free space to acomodate it. If anyone can give any sugestion, please do it. Or if anyone knows if there is a usb hsdpa modem that has the conecctions for an internal antenna please tell me. i couldnt find anyone.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1 year later...
Macbook Air 1.86 Ghz is here. My plans to the waste basket. Macbook Air Rev. 2 doesn�t seems to have adittional usb ports contacts. The place where they are in Rev. 1 is empty. Does anybody knows if they are located in other place?

Looked, but struck out. Guess I'll just have to use the external port, wire it up to a tiny usb hub...lol, think there's room for that?

• 8 months later...

Hey guys,

This inspired me to pick up a Virgin Mobile MC760 USB dongle. I'm suspecting there's a Mini PCIe card inside the dongle and if there is, I want to install it in place of my 2010 MacBook Air's WiFi/Bluetooth card.

The question is, does anyone know if there's actually a Mini PCIe card inside the MC760? The dongle is sealed pretty tight, so before I rip it open to find out there isn't one, I figured I'd ask all of you.

Thanks!