Cant finish install on Alien or Vostra

jamesholt

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, First I have never messed with a Mac before ,mostly just windows as I do alot of PLC programming, and some linux(SUSE,UBUNTU)

I am trying to install with Leo4allV3.

The Alien Aurora M9750 has

AMD Turion Mobile ML-42 @2.4GHZ

1GB Ram

NVidia 7900

Realtek Audio

The Vostra (dell) has

Intel Dual-Core @1.8GHZ

Intell video

1GB Ram

The Alien will complete the install and reboot but when it goes through the part where you move your information from one Mac to another it restarts the introduction video, and then you start over with the country and keyboard selections then hit continue with the transfer screen and get another restart.

The Vostra will finish the install and reboot. The last thing showing on the screen is

APR 27 12:47:57 localhost MDNSResponder MDNSResponder-170 (Jan 4 2008 18:04:07)[22]: Starting

Then you hear some music play and thats it. If you press any keys you here a tone but nothing else happens

Also both system will not boot without the install dvd in the drives

Any ideas??

Hello all, First I have never messed with a Mac before ,mostly just windows as I do alot of PLC programming, and some linux(SUSE,UBUNTU)

I am trying to install with Leo4allV3.

The Alien Aurora M9750 has

AMD Turion Mobile ML-42 @.41GHZ

1GB Ram

NVidia 7900

Realtek Audio

The Vostra (dell) has

Intel Dual-Core @1.8GHZ

Intell video

1GB Ram

The Alien will complete the install and reboot but when it goes through the part where you move your information from one Mac to another it restarts the introduction video, and then you start over with the country and keyboard selections then hit continue with the transfer screen and get another restart.

The Vostra will finish the install and reboot. The last thing showing on the screen is

APR 27 12:47:57 localhost MDNSResponder MDNSResponder-170 (Jan 4 2008 18:04:07)[22]: Starting

Then you hear some music play and thats it. If you press any keys you here a tone but nothing else happens

Also both system will not boot without the install dvd in the drives

Any ideas??

What model is the vostra and is it a core dual or a core 2 dual? This will make a big difference.

Also is is an x3100 intel video?

The Vostra is an Intel Dual-Core E2160 @1.8ghz

It does have the GMA3100 Intel Graphics

It is the 200 slim tower

Last night I got it to boot to the setup but it loops after choosing not to transfer any information (just like the Alien)

The settings I used are

Kernal 9.2.0

Intel-ICHx

Old ACPI

gma950 and gmax3100

SMBIOS1033

All sound drivers

I had to install SUSE on theAlien so I can get online

Any Ideas???

Here is a list of some of the command line options you can use.

Try using this combination first:

-v -x cpus=1 "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-v = verbose mode. Basically tells you wants happening during boot up.

-x = Safe mode. Basically boots your system with the bare minimum kexts.

-s = Single user mode. Command line only mode. Allows you to run commands as root to fix system.

-f = Tells the machine to reload all kext and dump the boot configuration cache, (kext cache found in: /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, you can delete it manually and the system will recreate it).

-l = The flag attempts to enable the L2 cache if not already enabled. Not sure if this works on hacks. If your having an L2 cache issue try this flag.

kernel name "mach_kernel" This flag simply tells the system to boot from another kernel available in / (aka root).

Ex: kernel name "netkasSS_kernel"

cpus= Tells the kernel how many cores or physical CPU's there are in place. Ex: cpus=1

"Graphics Mode"= Tells the system what resolution width, height, color depth & refresh rate to boot the OS with.

Ex: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH

For VESA 3.0 graphics, you may append a refresh rate after an "@" character

Ex: "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32@60" WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH@REFRESHRATE

OK I will try this when I get home.

I am using the "leo4allv3" do I have to do any patching or has this already been done on the dvd.

All I have done is just ran the installer from booting the dvd.

I haven't used the leo4all v3 install yet. but it should be 10.5.2 I think. One thing you can also try is to turn off the onboard audio and network. Once you've installed everything, then install the audio and network patches separately. You'll need to find out what chips are being used but you can search here on the forums for links. You should be able to find some of the add in drivers on the DVD also.

I got the Vostra and the Alien to complete the setup.

They were locked in the "account loop" (when all else fails read the instructions!!)

I dont remember seeing any folders on the dvd but I will look again.

If nothing else I can download one of the other ones and try with it.

Everything on the Vostra works, But the Alien has no sound or wireless