Inspiron 600M Install

douirc

4 posts in this topic

i've got an inspiron 600m with 1.6ghz processor, 1gb ram, radeon 9000 video and the stock dell wifi card.

I seem to be making progress, but could use some help to speed up the process.

on my first attempt I left everything on default settings, installed, rebooted and I got the apple logo with a busy signal and never got any further

mac002yu2.jpg

On my second attempt I changed the default settings to include SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC, rebooted and this time i got a litte further, but instead I got an error:

mac005em7.jpg

mac001jm1.jpg

could someone please tell me which settings I should use during installation? I feel like I am very close and just need the right settings.

ok, now I REALLY need some help! amazingly, after reinstalling about 8 times, I finally got it to load! BUT...I can't remember what SETTINGS I USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any idea how to figure out what I chose?!?!

NOTES:

I edited the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and inserted the lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400×1050×32</string>

resolution worked great. now i just need to get graphics acceleration working

• 11 months later...

Did you ever get this working?

If not I have the exact settings and options you need to choose to make it work great. I just did it today and it reboots and everything right into the OS

Let me know and ill write it out for ya

Jon

• 5 months later...
Did you ever get this working?

If not I have the exact settings and options you need to choose to make it work great. I just did it today and it reboots and everything right into the OS

Let me know and ill write it out for ya

Jon

Could you let me know what settings to use? I installed Tiger with no problem but i am having trouble with Leopard.

thanks,

Brett

1.8Ghz 600m