FAILED INSTALL volumes/untitled/basesystem.pkg.1541PKxUO HELP PLEASE

ipclaptop

4 posts in this topic

I just got the kalyway 10.5.2 burnt and ben getting this message I thought i t moght b3e because i burnt it too fast at 8x speed so i slowed it down to a 4x speed still get the same error. I have 2 partitions one is primary (first boot option and then there is a smaller boor that is secontd option

lets call the forst one 85VISTA it has 85gig size and vista ultimate 64bit the second one 65XP is has windows 32bit xp media center

and 65xp is the second boot option even though its the same harddrive

it loads up and i click agree to the license and everything and it shows harddrive options and they all say cant install to i double click the smaller 65xp one and it dsays all data will be erased and macosx will be installed and i click ok then it checks the dvd( i skipped it this time) then is says calculating time remaning and then it says insstall failed it could not install FAILED INSTALL volumes/untitled/basesystem.pkg.1541PKxUO click restart to restart your computer

Im back in to wondiws here and all the data is still on the xp drive all my old files and os.... do i need to wipe it out and format it to a fat32 or something or ntfs? please help

I have

AMD TURION tl52 x2 64bit 1.6ghz

2048MB ram(1024x2)DUAL CHANNEL

HItachie 160GB PATA drive

dvd burner/cdburner/rw for both

DAMNed AND UPSET OVER THIS

• 4 weeks later...

Same kind of error here! My motherboard is an ASUS M2N-E nForce 570 & my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (Dual Core). My graphic card is a nVidia 7900GS. I am trying to install OS X on a 49 GB NTFS partition. The error I get is the following:

FAILED TO INSTALL: /Volumes/Mac OS X/BaseSystem.pkg.1524abPQ5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...