Pre-install boot loop on Thinkpad T30

phracker

3 posts in this topic

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2, Kalyway 10.5.1, & Jas 10.5.2 (burned at 1x speed). All of these boot from the DVD, then give me the boot command line. I've tried all the arguments - different kernels, different flags, etc. It then mentions something about APCI, and the laptop reboots. Repeat.

I can't seem to get to the GUI installer. I'm going to try a Tiger boot tonight.

The system is a Thinkpad T30 laptop:

P4 1.6Ghz

512MB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 chipset

Linksys WPC54G

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

I have the same problem and i have looked all around the forums for the answer i also have a IBM T30 with the same specs and i have 10.4.6 installed and running fine but i want to do a fresh install of 10.5.1 i have tried

leo4all and the kalyway 10.5.1 install and i can't make it into the graphic installation i have tried with several different boot flags and with speed step on and off anybody got any ideas??????????

i have got the problem solved for any one interested you need to use the iAktos1.02r+Bad Bios Patch do a search you will find it, use the sse2 kernel, remove thremal ktext, and use the darwin x86 boot loader and it works like a chram im typing this from my T30 running leo 10.5.1 right now good luck to you and if u have any questions just give me a shout