Compaq Presario R3000

Kamatari

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, not sure where to post this as i'm having the problem with Tiger and Leopard. Everytime i try to install either version on my laptop the grey apple logo screen comes up with the spinning circle and then after about 5 mins a stop sign comes up and it does nothing, i've tried booting with -v and it fills the screen with lots of text and then gets to Firewire(ochi) and then says about "unable to determine firwire device, using full secure mode" or something like that

I've tried using:

Kalyway 10.4.10

Leo4allv2

iatkos v1ir2

and a hacked version of 10.4

I believe my Leo4all version is corrupt though as it would just constantly restart after the darwin loader.

Does anyone have any ideas how i could get around this problem?

Cheers ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a R3000T. It is the model with the INTEL P4 2.8 with SSE2. I was having the stop box issue but I borrowed a external DVD drive / burner and it goes a little further now but it stops at "Dec 8 02:26:37 localhost diskarbitrationd[44]: CoreRAIDServer [43]:17923 not responding" while booting with "-v" I am trying to load iDenab 10.5.5. (leopard). Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work or if I am just wasting my time?

Thanks in advance,

Chris