Toshiba Satilite A-135 Install Problem

Mexiboss

2 posts in this topic

I wanted to try this on my piece of {censored} Laptop, which is a Toshiba Satellite A135. It came with Vista and has never worked right, so OSX will hopefully make it usable.

I burned the Kalyway iso, popped it in, and booted up into the OSX Installer. I used the disc util to format the HDD (Mac Extended (Journaled)), and started the installation. As soon as I clicked "confirm" on the "This will install OSX to this hdd" it claims it cannot read my disc. Is this a known problem? Any ideas?

I can only assume the iso burned properly if it got this far...

Edit for some more info:

Toshiba A135-S4467

2gb of ram

Track pad, keyboard, video, and everything else seems to work at the install screen. As soon as I pick the destination drive, I get the "Cannot Read Your Disc" please reboot blah blah error message.

I've reburned the disc at the slowest speed possible and used different media. Although it got past the previous step, the installer reached 100% and gave the error "Install Failed. Max OS X could not be installed on your computer. The installer encountered an unknown error that failed the install. Contact the manufacturer for assistance."

Afterwords, I rebooted with the disc in and it somehow worked. It doesn't directly boot to OSX, but if anyone had the same trouble, it seems like burning slowly with nice DVDs worked properly.