PostInstall video blue screen issue

lmtoe

1 post in this topic

After installing, it starts to boot up OK; gets to the Apple screen (with the circular "thinker" below it); then moves to an all blue screen (all-blue screen); then goes black. I have tried several different options with installation but to no avale. During the last install I chose only the following: Main OS, SMBIOS,SS2/SS3 kernel, darwin x86, SATA and network (Just 1 driver for network). This is based on the info from this forum... http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?...=a&start=45

booting with -v revealed a couple errors with "com.apple.driver.AplleIntelIntegrated..." or from "/System/Library/Exstensions/AppleIntel..." so something is not liked about my video card.

I have a Dell Lattitude D630 with Intel integrated graphics. I believe it is the x3100, but only this is mentioned in the bios...

Video Controller: Intel Crestline Graphics

Video BIOS Version: 1466

Video Memory: 8MB

Any ideas?

A side note: the graphics are obviously loaded from the install disk when I run through the install. Is it possible to simply copy those in place to use those from the install disk? Problem is I am somewhat of a noob and wouldn't have any idea which files to copy (or where)

Many thanks in advance for any issistance

-Toe