I'm going to buy a new machine

4 posts in this topic

So, I'm going to build a new machine and I want it to be the most compatible possible with Leopard (hackintosh, of course).

I want it to be the most cheaper possible and also to be an Intel and to have a Nvidia graphic card(since I've good experiences with both). I'm asking for advices and I know I should search the forums or the wiki, but I don't have a computer right now (since my Tiger is crashing everytime I boot up because I installed VMWare; and this forum doesn't work on the PS3 browser) and I don't have many time to sit in front of a computer right now.

So, if you know of a good specs list and would like to share it with me, I will be very grateful.

I'm kinda out of the scene since I found out Leopard wasn't compatible with my pc, so I will have, when I have time, to find out what is vanilla kernel (it's a kernel that makes OSX86 work like a normal Mac, update wise?) and all that new stuff that's been popping out.

Hope to hear something soon,

jantunes

... I want it to be the most compatible possible... I want it to be the most cheaper possible... I don't have a computer right now... I don't have many time to sit in front of a computer right now.

So you don't have the time to do your own research and you want everyone else to do it for you. Something tells me you won't be getting a lot of responses. If Tiger keeps crashing on you install Windows or Linux so you can browse the wiki for hardware compatibility. The time it takes to do that is 10% of the time you'll need to install Leo and make it work properly, so if you're serious about your project then you simply have to find the time to do it.

My hardrives are full so I don't have space to instal anything. You just don't have to be rude to make yourself look good on the internet...

Anyway, the wiki does work on the PS3, so I'm going to do my research.

Thanks,

jantunes