Looking for Leopard compatible mATX mobo that's *CURRENTLY* sold on the market

boltdozer

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a highly compatible (Leopard) OSx86 mATX motherboard (out-of-the-box, minimal hacking). There are a lot of great guides and recommendations for motherboards like this in this forum, but I've been having trouble finding a recommended mobo that's available for purchase. Most of the recommended motherboards are no longer available for sale:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P - discontinued

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R - discontinued

Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 - discontinued

ECS 945GCT-M - discontinued

Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R - discontinued

Can anyone recommend a good Leopard compatible mATX motherboard that's currently available for sale on the market?

Gigabyte just updated the line to "EP" Search for GA-EP35-DS3R or -DS3P or -DS4. They are all essentially the same and work with OSX

Look on the NewEgg.com site -- best retailer around, and they will have the current offerings.

GA-EP35-DS* is an ATX board. I'm specifically looking for a micro ATX board.

Newegg is my primary source of looking for motherboards and none of the mATX boards I listed above are available there. They are all listed as a "Deactivated Item" and many other major sites list them as "discontinued" or "no longer available".

Newegg doesn't seem to have any updated or upgraded mATX motherboards that replace all the ones that have been deactivated. The only ones I can find seem to be INFERIOR to the motherboards that are no longer available (missing or less features).