OS X Leopard Will Not Boot Off Of Hard-drive...

The-One*****

2 posts in this topic

hey all, i am new to this forum and i would like start of by saying Hi.

I have installed EFI Leopard 10.5.2 and i have gotten to the bit where i am asked to restart the p.c.

I cannot boot off of my hard-drive as all i see is a flashing underscore _ and i left it running for 6 hours just to make sure it was not just running slow lol.

However, i can boot into it by booting off of the c.d, and when it prompts me to a timer to press any key or f8 to boot off of the c.d.,

I just leave it so it doesn't boot off of the c.d and it loads Leopard perfectly. I think i have a problem with my boot-loader, i am not too good at os x as i am from windows and i also am not too good at linux.

I have tried installing this sevral times, as i know it is fully functional because right at the start, i had it all working in the first attempt but then all of a sudden, it stopped :S i have tried many things involving FDisk, when I'm meant too press f8 and go terminal and write a new mbr and make the partition active etc, but no go... I am using MBR Partitions. I need as much help as i can get as i want to get this all working as i will really need os x functioning and i will not keep using the cd's boot-loader to keep booting into it.

My system Specs are as Follows:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor (SSE SSE2)

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900XTX Toxic GFX Card

Crucial 2GB DDR 400MHZ Dual Channel Memory

Hyper Type-R 580W Modular PSU

Primary Master - Maxtor 200GB IDE 133 HDD

Secondary Master - LG DVD R/W

Fifth Master - Maxtor 160GB SATA-II HDD

Sixth Master - Western Digital WD4000AAKS SATA-II HDD

I disco'd all the harddrives and stuff apart from the one i am installing leopard on; the 160, and ofc i keped the dvdrw in to install it...

Please tell me if any more info is required...

i hope i can get replies A.S.A.P! thanks for your time and help, i really appreciate it :(