10.5.2 on a Dell Inspiron 530: slowness

Bruno Torres

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell Inspiron 530 desktop and I had some problems I'd like to know if you can help me.

My box is a core 2 duo 4500 (2.2 GHz), 2GB DDR2, 250GB SATA2 disk. It came with an Intel 3100 integrated video and I installed a Gigabyte ATI Radeon X1650 Pro on it.

I tried to install both using the integrated and the off-board video cards.

I followed this how-to: http://maconpc.distinctlyjordan.com/2008/0...-xp-and-leopard (which I know is about 10.5.1).

What happens is, when I get to the graphic interface (the language selection screen), everything seems extremely slow. I mean, I move the mouse and the pointer takes seconds to move along. Keyboard doesn't seem to work at all. It looks locked (I press num lock, the light doesn't light off, press Tab, Enter, nothing works).

My mouse and keyboard are USB, both by Dell. Keyboard is a standard one and mouse is a dell premium 5 buttons.

I didn't proceed further than the welcome screen, because with all this slowness, something is critically wrong and I don't have the guts to continue.

I tried to select the "utilities" menu, but didn't manage to, because of the slowness, then I gave up.

Does any of you have any idea of what can be happening? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.