Apple Wireless card inside my pc

2 posts in this topic

So I got tired of waiting for the intel 3945 Drivers and went over to the mac mini in the office and opened that sucker up and to my supprise I saw would looked identiacal to my Intel 3945 wireless card in my gateway laptop so just for the hell of it I pull it out and put it in my laptop. Instant wireless!!! no networkselector no patches no nothin' it just works. so I went over to an apple store and asked for a wireless card, at first they tried to give my some mini pci card which I knew wouldn't fit in my lappy then I found a guy who knew what I was talking about and said that those were the "G5" cards, he hands me one for $50 and I once again install it in my computer and it works 100%. Just a sudgestion to those out their tired of waiting.

Hi Tin_Man_0:

Thanks for the tip on Intel 3945. I'm sure that many people will find it useful.

I've had good success with NetGear WG311T with my OSx86 PC. This card is standard PCI and recognized natively as Airport by Tiger (10.4). I haven't tried with Leopard (10.5) yet.

--danyel ;)