Kalyway 10.5.2 Install AVCHD import fails

boykindj

1 post in this topic

I've got a Kalyway 10.5.2 install on an HP dv9000 laptop. Everything works out of the box except for the card reader (as expected). I have installed iLife '08 and Final Cut Express. I am having a problem with iMovie and Final Cut Express. I can open the programs, but when I hookup my AVCHD camcorder, the programs quit immediately. If I try and open the program again, they close again. I've got all patches and updates installed. I looked in the console utility and both programs fail with mention to some RADPlugin. I previously had Kalyway 10.5.1 installed, and did not notice this behavior. I re-installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and then used the combo update to 10.5.2. I installed all the patches and upgrades, and both iMovie and Final Cut Express work fine now. I have a Sony HDR-SR5 Hi-def camcorder.

I would prefer to have my installation done using the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, as it seems to run a little bit faster. If anyone has any clues as to why my camcorder would be behaving this way, I would appreciate it.