OSX thinks I have two displays...

Ender42

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I got iATKOS installed on my desktop and everything works, except every now and again it decides I have two displays and everything important (dock, menu bar) is displayed on this imaginary monitor. I have to create a new folder, open the folder, move my mouse off screen, drag the window over, navigate to applications, open system preferences, move my mouse off screen again, drag over system preferences, open displays, hit detect displays and then it shows an all blue screen. I then have to hit the power button, which then flashes the desktop for a second and then puts the comp to sleep which it wont wake up from. I then have to hold down the power button for it shut off.

Upon restarting it will return to normal, but who knows about the next time I restart. Some times I can reboot 2-3 times without it doing this.

Is there a boot flag I can set up so it only uses one display? My vid card is a Nvidia 6800 vanilla, and it installed just fine. It has two video outputs, one DVI on VGA. I'm currently using the DVI one. I can't seem to find a VGA cable around here to see if that would make a difference, but I dont know why it would anyways.

I searched and didn't find anyone else with a similar problem, so what the hell is going on?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Same problem here. I have iDeneb 10.5.5 on a Gateway T-6836 laptop with Intel GM965 chipset and GMX3100 accelerator. I guess I'm a bit lucky because everything shows up on the real display, it's just a hassle when your mouse goes WAY off the screen onto the imaginary display and you have to pull it ALL the way back...