Kalyway 10.5.2 on AMD (sli and ethernet issues)

seamusnboo

2 posts in this topic

Ok I got Kalyway 10.5.2 to install perfectly on my computer. Here are the specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-570SLI-S4 nForce 570

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 GHz

Video Card: 2 X BFG GeForce 8800GT OC 512MB SLI

Sound Card: Audigy 2 ZS

RAM 4 x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 PC6400 @ 800 MHz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA II 320GB

I installed using the AMD patches. Upon first boot attempt, it would hang right after loading the drivers. During the time that the GUI would come on. The screen would go blank. I suspected that it had something to do with my SLI setup, so I opened up my case and removed the second video card to try it out. This time it booted up right, and the GUI started like a charm. So the first question is, is there any way to make it work with both video cards installed? Because I don't feel like opening up my case and removing a video card everytime I want to boot to OS X.

Second question is... it looks like it didn't recognize my ethernet adapter. When it boots up it completely disables the ethernet adapter. I installed using the forcedeth drivers. Isn't the ethernet adapter on this motherboard supported?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I got Kalyway 10.5.2 to install perfectly on my computer. Here are the specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-570SLI-S4 nForce 570

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 GHz

Video Card: 2 X BFG GeForce 8800GT OC 512MB SLI

Sound Card: Audigy 2 ZS

RAM 4 x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 PC6400 @ 800 MHz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA II 320GB

I installed using the AMD patches. Upon first boot attempt, it would hang right after loading the drivers. During the time that the GUI would come on. The screen would go blank. I suspected that it had something to do with my SLI setup, so I opened up my case and removed the second video card to try it out. This time it booted up right, and the GUI started like a charm. So the first question is, is there any way to make it work with both video cards installed? Because I don't feel like opening up my case and removing a video card everytime I want to boot to OS X.

Second question is... it looks like it didn't recognize my ethernet adapter. When it boots up it completely disables the ethernet adapter. I installed using the forcedeth drivers. Isn't the ethernet adapter on this motherboard supported?

Thanks

I have the exact problems. I was running XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI on EVGA 680i SLI. Physically removing the other card solved the problem. But like you, or anyone else, I dont want to remove the card every time I want to use Leopard. And my ethernet adapter doesn't work as well. But my D-Link Wireless Adapter is working great. I can choose any network I want to using the AirPort configuration options.