need help with booting problem

macker

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i've installed mac os 10.5(fully working) and am using it to post this,but the only way i can get to boot it,is by leaving my mac os boot dvd in the drive and making sure the mac os partition is set to active and It won't boot without the dvd in??

I can still boot into xp and vista but only after changing the active partition back to vista/xp and then ill get my vista boot menu up.

if anyone knows how i can do this with out all this hassle would be much appreciated ;)

i have the GA-P35-DS3L mobo

cheers

Hi, i've installed mac os 10.5(fully working) and am using it to post this,but the only way i can get to boot it,is by leaving my mac os boot dvd in the drive and making sure the mac os partition is set to active and It won't boot without the dvd in??

I can still boot into xp and vista but only after changing the active partition back to vista/xp and then ill get my vista boot menu up.

if anyone knows how i can do this with out all this hassle would be much appreciated :(

i have the GA-P35-DS3L mobo

cheers

I have the same exact problem its driving me nuts, everything else is perfect, but just this issue, if anyone does find a fix please post here, I think the issue is with some GA-P35 boards

It could be down to the fact I'm using two hard drives one has xp and vista on which is on sata 3 which mac os cant see and doesnt have the vista boot menu on,and the first hard drive is bootable and has mac os on it and vista boot menu.

So i think every things confused like me lol