Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Snow Leopard

zeep25

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Before I begin, let me just say that I have searched and tried everything I possibly could. This is my first Hackintosh setup, so I could have missed on some basic stuff. I tried a bunch of things, basically Snow Leopard doesn't boot

My Setup:

Processor: Core i7 920

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

Ram: 6 GB (3 x 2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3

Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB

SATA 0: WD 640 GB [DISK A]

SATA 1: DVD Drive

SATA 2: DVDRW Drive

IDE Master: Seagate 120 GB [DISK B]

IDE Slave: Seagate 120 GB [DISK C]

USB 0: Exprex 8 GB [DISK D]

Bios Settings [throughout everything]:

Sata Mode: AHCI

Intel HT: Disabled

Active Cores: 1

A20M: Disabled

1. Installing Leopard:

Once I found out that you can't simply used the Snow Leopard Disk to install, I went on to install Leopard on DISK B.

I used this guide: [How To] Install iDeneb 10.5.5 on ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, Guide to install iDeneb v1.3

Basically I kept on getting a Kernal Panic. So I booted from iDeneb CD and used: rd=disk1s2 -v -x

This allowed me to boot into safe mode and finish the installation. From here on, this is how I got into Leopard and did everything else.

2. Installing Snow Leopard - Try 1:

I tried to follow this article: LifeHacker: How to Build a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard, Start to Finish

I know I dont have the same motherboard, but I figured it might work.

I prepared DISK D as per the instructions from the guide, when I booted from DISK D, A few seconds after The apple screen (with the loading icon on the bottom) came up, my monitor would turn off as if there was no signal coming to it.

I tried rebuilding DISK D with other kexts, no extra folder, nothing but a plain image of Snow Leopard DVD, but I kept getting the same result.

3. Installing Snow Leopard - Try 2:

I read this article and tried to follow it: HOW-TO GUIDE: Snow Leopard Retail 10.6 on Asus P6T Deluxe V2, How to get a (nearly) perfect 10.6 install going on Asus P6T.

So I booted into my Leopard install (which is on DISK B, by using the iDeneb DVD and entering rd=disk1s2 -v -x) and prepared DISK A as per the intructions, and loaded the installation from DISK D (which was prepared in step 2). The installation was successful. When I performed the addiontional steps and continued to restart, I kept getting:

Boot0: done
  Boot0: MBR
  Boot1: error?

4. Installing Snow Leopard - Try 3:

After a whole lot of searching and reading, I decided to try PC EFI 10.1 from here: PC EFI 10.1 Installation Package, handy installer

I did everything the same as in step 3, except after Snow Leopard installed, I installed PC EFI 10.1.

After Restarting, I got the same error:

Boot0: done
 Boot0: MBR
 Boot1: error?

Somehow I decided to restart and pressed F8 this time (the option to select which device to boot from after POST), I selected DISK A, and voila It booted. I got the option to choose which drive to boot from.

I selected the drive/partition where I installed Snow Leopard (DISK A) and got a Kernal Panic.

After redoing the same steps and this time selecting DISK A with: -v, again Kernal Panic, I saw it ended up with this:

BSD process name corresponding to current <em>thread</em>: <em>fsck_hfs</em>

Rebooting and then selecting DISK A with: -v -x32, i got:

Waiting for DSMOS

That is all I have done/understood. Let me know if I have left out any important information.

If there are any questions, I'll be happy to answer

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello zeep25,

Wich partition scheme did you choose for DISK A? It should be GUID. To verify go to Disk Utility, select the DISK A, partition tab, Options button.

Also what about booting with -v -x32 -s, can you do that? have you copied fakeSMC/dsmos to the Snow Leopard partition right?

I know this is a Snow Leopard thread, but I am also going to try to go from Leo to Snow, so I had a few Leo questions.

1) After you installed Leopard, I assume that you turned on all 4 cores and HT in the BIOS . However, can you reset SATA mode back to IDE compatibility mode in the BIOS? I am asking this question because I am trying to install Leopard on my spare SATA drive in my P6TDV2 mobo. I originally installed Windows with the 1st SATA drive in IDE mode. If I switch the bios to have SATA run in AHCI mode, Windows gives me a BSOD. Assuming I can get Leopard to successfully iinstall, I would like to boot to either OS without having to change the BIOS setting each time.

2) I also have a GTX260. Was there any issue installing this in Leopard with ideneb?

Thanks

KariNeko,

Yes Disk A is set to GUID.

I did copy fakeSMC and dsmos to the Snow Leopard partition.

I will try -v -x32 -s and let you know what I get.

Use only one at a time: or fakeSMC or dsmos, not both simultaneously.

I know this is a Snow Leopard thread, but I am also going to try to go from Leo to Snow, so I had a few Leo questions.

1) After you installed Leopard, I assume that you turned on all 4 cores and HT in the BIOS . However, can you reset SATA mode back to IDE compatibility mode in the BIOS? I am asking this question because I am trying to install Leopard on my spare SATA drive in my P6TDV2 mobo. I originally installed Windows with the 1st SATA drive in IDE mode. If I switch the bios to have SATA run in AHCI mode, Windows gives me a BSOD. Assuming I can get Leopard to successfully iinstall, I would like to boot to either OS without having to change the BIOS setting each time.

2) I also have a GTX260. Was there any issue installing this in Leopard with ideneb?

Thanks

1) I never tried Leopard in IDE compatible mode for ICH10R, so I can't help

2) Take a look at the Graphics/nVidia forum to see on which version OSX natively supported it. Also at there you can see instructions to download a set of drivers from EVGA and bypass the installation checks.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I installed iATkos v7 with busratio=20 cpus=1 , after installing leopard, patching dsdt... etc...

Now you can isntall Snow.

I only used one kext to boot, and on that moment the only one HD conected to SATA1 was SL

Yes... Doesn't restarted or power off... but booted. Then I installed on Extra/Extensions too, OpenHaltRestart.kext and PlatformUUID.kext

this was the kext I used to boot on 10a432 http://heliacal.net/~solar/mac/dsmos.kext_...w_64_10a432.tar

OpenHaltRestart and PlatformUUID from http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/165429070/prepare-yourself

ChameleonRC3 r658

EFI string on /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist with this DSDT http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1269646

Hope helps!

Sorry for my english, this is my spanish guide http://www.estravagancia.com/SL

hello

I installed iATkos v7 with busratio=20 cpus=1 , after installing leopard, patching dsdt... etc...

Now you can isntall Snow.

I only used one kext to boot, and on that moment the only one HD conected to SATA1 was SL

Yes... Doesn't restarted or power off... but booted. Then I installed on Extra/Extensions too, OpenHaltRestart.kext and PlatformUUID.kext

this was the kext I used to boot on 10a432 http://heliacal.net/~solar/mac/dsmos.kext_...w_64_10a432.tar

OpenHaltRestart and PlatformUUID from http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/165429070/prepare-yourself

ChameleonRC3 r658

EFI string on /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist with this DSDT http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1269646

Hope helps!

Sorry for my english, this is my spanish guide http://www.estravagancia.com/SL

estravagancia you can now use FakeSMC by netkas (instead of dsmos) so you are up to date ;)