3 replies to this topic

alpineedge3

alpineedge3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hello,

i want to open a url from a UIButton in iPhone. I've attached this method to an IB button:

- (IBAction)doSendCode:(id)sender {
	[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://www.google.com"]];
 }

When the method is called, the app shrinks away like it's going to open safari, but the whole simulator quits. There is no crash alert popup, so I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that's supposed to happen in the simulator.

DaveGee

DaveGee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

hello,

i want to open a url from a UIButton in iPhone. I've attached this method to an IB button:

- (IBAction)doSendCode:(id)sender {
	[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://www.google.com"]];
 }

When the method is called, the app shrinks away like it's going to open safari, but the whole simulator quits. There is no crash alert popup, so I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that's supposed to happen in the simulator.

Well... I'm not 100% sure but I downloaded some seismic indicator application from the Apple iPhone developer site and I think it was designed to do something similar... (when something was clicked a url was launched) and it too just 'ended' when you did the actual click...

You might want to find that code and check it out...

HTHs

Dave

cpatch

cpatch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Try launching Safari on the simulator before you run your app. That worked for me with the seismic indicator demo app.

Craig

alpineedge3

alpineedge3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Try launching Safari on the simulator before you run your app. That worked for me with the seismic indicator demo app.

Craig

@cpatch: That trick worked nicely. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy