AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues [SOLVED!]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas

199 posts in this topic

What ALCInstaller by taruga works on your laptop? can you upload the applehda.kext?

i don't remember which one works 'better', but I'm currently using one of your AppleHDA..

what can i give you from here so can help you to figure it out?

It's all in the info.plist of applehda try checking pathmaps, use your own. I'll will try to remove the autosensing let's see if you will have the correct input/output.

i don't remember which one works 'better', but I'm currently using one of your AppleHDA..

what can i give you from here so can help you to figure it out?

It's all in the info.plist of applehda try checking pathmaps, use your own. I'll will try to remove the autosensing let's see if you will have the correct input/output.

can you tell me what exactly are you trying to change to get mic workin?

i tried to understand madtux topic, but didn't have to much sucess

The nodeid inside the pathmaps, you need to know audio's nodeid. What is weird is almost all laptop with alc268 works using that kext except the Dell of yours.

can you tell me what exactly are you trying to change to get mic workin?

i tried to understand madtux topic, but didn't have to much sucess

Thanks for your answer but I already GOT IT!

I installed Taruga's ALCInstaller_2 and it just worked. Shutdown, restart and sleep are working, too. There is just a small problem which I am not angry about. Sound does not work anymore after sleep and after using the touch short cuts on my notebook above the keyboard.

Greetz,

hamburger188

I am so so happy! :thumbsup_anim::D

You install the kext without External Mic then patched it with taruga's Alc268Installer2.

That kext should have a working internal mic even with out the taruga's actually it supposed to work(audio/input/output) without a patch.

Does Autosensing or Auto switch from Internal Speaker to Headphone works after the patch? and also does Internal Mic works after the patch?

I still have one question:

Since I used your kext without External Mic, I do not see anything if I connect one. At the moment, everything's working perfect except the mic.

So, do you think that there will be problems if I'd now install your kext WITH External Mic??

I have no internal mic. That is why I now want try out the kext with external mic.

And no, autosensing does not work, but which is not bad for me.

But shutdown is not working anymore... I do not know why. Sometimes there's a dialogue "You must restart your computer" and sometimes the screen becomes black, the notebook is quiet but the lights are still on what means that it did not shutdown... :angry:

Shutdown is the issue of taruga's alc268Installers. That why those kexts at my sig were born.

Anyway you can try the kext with external mic, be sure to delete the extension.mkext and do a repair permission using Disk Utlity, of course after using kexthelper to intall the kext.

by the way you're using hdaenabler right?

I have no internal mic. That is why I now want try out the kext with external mic.

And no, autosensing does not work, but which is not bad for me.

But shutdown is not working anymore... I do not know why. Sometimes there's a dialogue "You must restart your computer" and sometimes the screen becomes black, the notebook is quiet but the lights are still on what means that it did not shutdown... :angry:

Shutdown is the issue of taruga's alc268Installers. That why those kexts at my sig were born.

Anyway you can try the kext with external mic, be sure to delete the extension.mkext and do a repair permission using Disk Utlity, of course after using kexthelper to intall the kext.

by the way you're using hdaenabler right?

Great! Shutdown is working again. Even autosensing works. But since I put a microphone in the red audio connector there comes a hissing sound out of my internal speaker. If I put an audio plug in the green connector, it is away.

Sorry for my many problems, but do you still have a hint how I can get this hissing away? I already installed the AppleHDA.kext once again but that didn't help.

Thanks and greetings,

hamburger188

If that so stick to the ALC268Installer that works(Audio Input/Output and shutdown) on your hack. Most laptops with ALC268 chip that are patched by taruga's ALC268installer do have shutdown issue.

Lucky you.

i dont have shutdown issue...

Hi

Did you try lowering the volume of External Mic?

Do you have the hissing sound coming from your internal speakers?