kernel panics after installing.....

nikkpap

2 posts in this topic

hello my friends i am from greece i have an ati x1900XT 256mb 7249 so i get your jcools file and i have kernels panic after the restart and i can not boot to my leopard 10.5.2 full updated can you help me

i have an asus a8n premium mobo and amd 4400+ 2 gb ram ddr 400 mhz everything is working exept from my card so....

what to do i am new one please write to me a sort step by step guide

can i fix the proplem or i have to make a format and give a clean installetion

thanks again mates... you are great. go on

nikkpap@live.com

PS.can you help me to understand what is an EFI and how can i update it or show the version i have...

try booting up osx and when it shows darwin and it says to press F8 press it and type -v

this is what EFI is The Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) is a set of interfaces that defines how software will interface with future firmware. Intel developed EFI as a part of the Intel Boot Initiative program that began in 1998. This program was designed to modernize firmware technology in today's computers in order to move past the limitations of a legacy BIOS. It offers features similar to the Open Firmware used on older PowerPC-based Macs. Beyond that, it is extensible and quite flexible. (Note: HP Itanium systems have been using EFI for several years) since windows based pc use bios and macs use EFI netkas has made it possible for windows based computers by making an emulation of EFI on pc so it will be as close as possible to mac, likewise as Mac has bootcamp to run windows they made an emulation of a bios to run windows so that bassically what it is.