RAID... which board?

mindlessss

10 posts in this topic

peach os. can you use the raid drives as boot drives? If not, does it atleast work with little moddification.. i mean.. like just plug them into ez raid ports 1 and 2.. configure in bios.. then set up in raid utility in leopard?

peach os. can you use the raid drives as boot drives? If not, does it atleast work with little moddification.. i mean.. like just plug them into ez raid ports 1 and 2.. configure in bios.. then set up in raid utility in leopard?

yes, you can use them as boot drive. the steelvine is a real hardware controller - no drivers needed.

plug them into the orange ports and set the jumper for ez backup to the right position. now boot into bios and set the asus ez backup option change to "enabled". this option is used to run once the recognition of the new setting.

now boot to os x an you will see a new drive - no more settings needed.

only issue: it is not as fast as other hardware controllers.

thank you for the info peach. At the moment i am taking all the data of my 2 320gb seagates, i plan to put them in raid 0. maybe someday i will get another western digital raptor and raid 0 them if i think it is worth it.

edit: just raid-0'd a pair of seagate 320's. Went from like 80mb/s in the first test to 140. I am pretty impressed. What is ur bench for those drive Peach?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I'm homebrewing my first Mac (Intel E8400, 2Gb ram).

I'd like to have 2-raid disk using RAID1 configuration.

Which board is compatible?

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

Abit IP35 PRO

Thank you!

Only board for RAID on mac

asus p5w DH