• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Zhe Kai

Zhe Kai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have successfully installed the 10.4.1 image in my Dell 630M notebook.
In order to use the 1280x800 display resolution, I have follow the guide to modified the files
1. AppleIntel915.kext
2. AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

I have changed info.plist 2582 to 2592 accordingly and I able to get the 1280x800 resolution.

Problem : When I boot up the MacOSX on my notebook I only get the blue screen and can not get the login windows and I need to press the power button to do a force poweroff my notebook.
To get the display correctly I need to connect a external monitor then I will get the display correctly but this is very troublesome.

I will appreciated if anyone can teach me to solve this problem and to get the login window display on my notebook corretly

wilem

wilem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I am having this same issue on an Inspiron B130. I can get it to boot with an external monitor plugged. Otherwise I am at a blue screen and the machine will not respond.

Zhe Kai

Zhe Kai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Seem like this is a bug for Dell notebook display. Have you look for any workaround or solution?

wilem

wilem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Seem like this is a bug for Dell notebook display. Have you look for any workaround or solution?

I am searching but I have not found a solution yet.

yehweh

yehweh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I have the same problem too on a m140. However, I can get it to work in safe mode but the problem is without soundcard support I cant hear a thing and guess on when to hit the shift key. I get it work once every four times.

Is there any switch to get into safe mode like -v -x etc ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy