Input Remapper on the MacBook Air

kkrull

5 posts in this topic

I have not been able to get Input Remapper working on my MacBook Air.

The function key and the eject key do not seem to be recognized. I have tried this with the default keyboard driver and the Apple keyboard driver.

I am running Vista x64, but I would think that the issue would exist on x86 as well.

Any ideas? Anyone have XP or Vista in either bit version and have Input Remapper installed on the Air?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my MacBook Air and Windows Vista 32bit (Danish language/keyboard layout), that the function key and other keys (like the "@").

Input Remapper works fine on my Macbook and MacBook Pro, same windows & config

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Beliyaal,

I've been using your input remapper since the earliest version on a Macbook I bought about a year ago to enable my keyboard on Windows Vista. This week I got a brand new Macbook which a friend of my had bought.

For some reason I get no keyboard support whatsoever, and I also don't get the little dialog that asks me what keys I want to assign to what. Now if I click configure I do get two words only Presets and Remappings. With right-click (on an external mouse) and enabling the remappings there I can get some functionality to work (Volume) but the most important things (Fn key, Eject, or assign a Delete / CTRL+ALT+Delete) won't work.

I'm stuck here but I guess it's the same problem as on your Air Mac - The newer versions of the hardware and perhaps the way Windows Vista now detects the keyboard (I do get an Apple keyboard detected and a Keymagic.sys is loaded).

I even went as far as wiping the machine again (I don't use Bootcamp or the Apple OS, completely format the drive is very satisfying :-). The only driver not found is the iSight camera but I have an INF for that.

Is this something you have to fix or something I did wrong?

Thanks for your great tool and support for the "I want Vista on a Mac" community!

Tony.

• 4 months later...