I've run parallels on my mac!

8 posts in this topic

I finally got to use the license for Parallels that I've had lying around for months. I'm in the process of moving all my pc disk images from my laptop to my hackintosh. I have 3 disks to move: a development win2k3 image with SQL Server and Visual Studio, my old laptop image and a new clean XP install that I can use for other uses. I also want to play around with Ubuntu so I will want to create an image for that as well.

It's great to be able to run multiple operating systems on one machine... it reduces the clutter of hardware in my room!

Yeah, but I prefer Fusion by far.

Why Fusion over Parallels?

I just upgraded to Leopard and when I install Parallels(Latest build for Lepoard) my machine starts to slow down and the mouse lags a little once in awhile. I uninstalled it and my machine

works fine.

So I was wondering about your take with Fusion

Thanks

I prefer Fusion over Parallels becaus it's compatibility across OSes, I had an installation of XP tha I coud use across Mac OS, Vista, Linux and even XP (Xp on XP LOL), another of Win98, Mac OS 10.4.3, Mac OS 10.4.10 and Linux Redhat.

I have only one installation of XP for Parallels and I could not use that in other OS.

I like more the interfase of fusion that the one of Parallels, ant I like more the way you can configure the network over Fusion too.

I love the app, but when i try to run them both at the same time and flop between osx and windows it changes it back to normal aspect ratio on my widescreen monitor, then every time i have to switch between them i have to change the res back to normal, nice app though.

I love the app, but when i try to run them both at the same time and flop between osx and windows it changes it back to normal aspect ratio on my widescreen monitor, then every time i have to switch between them i have to change the res back to normal, nice app though.

Could you explain me more detailed? I didn't know that it's possible to run parallels only... like Bootcamp?