Cheap Hackintosh Computer Build

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

First of all thank you for all your input and suggestions!

I have about $350.00 to spend on a hackintosh. Can someone please compile for me a build that WILL run a leopard hackintosh disc. I currently have iATKOS/Kalaway Leopard discs ( Pre patched ).

I want a build that will pretty much be ready to go once installed. I know you have to do some work ect to get it going but I want something that pretty much is good to go after installation.

So if anyone can help me get some parts picked out I would appreciate it either AMD or INTEL.

If you want you can add newegg links to the parts you choose =P.

Again thanks very very much!

::rayman::

i have

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

Intel 2160 1.8GHz

2GB ddr2 800 gskill ram

Nvidia 8600gt fatal1ty

sata hard drive

pata dvd-rw

after install with kalyway 10.5.1, i only need to install drivers for graphics card and audio, which is easy to do (i already keep the files, they have auto-installers :blink:)

everything works really nice, sound is only 2.1 (at the moment) but i can live with that.

the prices...

you don't have to get the exact ram or gfx card that i have, so go for the cheapest you can get

gigabyte goes for 115 dollars

e2160 for $75

ram for $50 (depends on brands, could be more, could be less)

gfx card for around $100 (estimate - not sure of market prices now)

hard drive for $50

dvd for $25

thats a total of 415 dollars, but i'm not sure if you need all the parts (maybe you have an older computer to spare parts).

For a really tight budget hack, I'd recommend:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819116064 E1200 Dual core 1.6ghz $58.99

RAM: 2GB DDR2 800(about $50)

MOBO: GA-P35-DS3L($99)

GFX: Geforce 7300GT ($38)

DVD drive ($30, sata or ide)

80GB hard drive: (sata preferred) ($36)

Total:$311

It's pretty low end, but allows for future upgradability.

Thanks so much buddy!

What hackintosh cd would you go with for this build? Kalaway or iATKOS or maybe something else? Also I am far away from where I can get any connection to an ethernet plug/router. Do you know of any wireless dongles or wireless pci cards I can add that will work with this?

Thanks mucho!

I know this is not going to be great system but it seems like it will outperform a mac book since it has a 7300 video card! This will be quite a nice little system to play hackintosh with!

One last thing before I order this stuff!

1. Is there any motherboards in the 50ish-60 range. I thought I saw somewhere there was on some post.

2. Is the ATI cards not as good as the 7300? Or maybe its just the 7300 work better. Was just checking b/c I have never had a ATI card and thought it might be cool to try it!

3.I don't need a Ethernet card right b/c the onboard Ethernet should work just fine on this gigabyte mobo?

Thanks for your smart advice buddy! I got everything on newegg ready to roll!

• 6 months later...

I can do it el cheapo.

ASRock Wolfdale1333-D667 LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail 49bucks

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)19 bucks after rebate(30)

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail 70

EVGA 128-P2-N431-LX GeForce 7300GS 128MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail 40

200 dollars flat leave you 150 for sata drives, power keyboard mouse ect. it can be done cheaper but could not find a board with intel video and did not want to give you a celeron chip

Good luck to you