7 replies to this topic

rayman121985

rayman121985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hey everyone,

First of all thank you for all your input and suggestions!

I have about $350.00 to spend on a hackintosh. Can someone please compile for me a build that WILL run a leopard hackintosh disc. I currently have iATKOS/Kalaway Leopard discs ( Pre patched ).

I want a build that will pretty much be ready to go once installed. I know you have to do some work ect to get it going but I want something that pretty much is good to go after installation.

So if anyone can help me get some parts picked out I would appreciate it either AMD or INTEL.

If you want you can add newegg links to the parts you choose =P.

Again thanks very very much!

::rayman::

MitchBomcanhao

MitchBomcanhao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
i have

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
Intel 2160 1.8GHz
2GB ddr2 800 gskill ram
Nvidia 8600gt fatal1ty
sata hard drive
pata dvd-rw

after install with kalyway 10.5.1, i only need to install drivers for graphics card and audio, which is easy to do (i already keep the files, they have auto-installers :blink:)
everything works really nice, sound is only 2.1 (at the moment) but i can live with that.

the prices...
you don't have to get the exact ram or gfx card that i have, so go for the cheapest you can get

gigabyte goes for 115 dollars
e2160 for $75
ram for $50 (depends on brands, could be more, could be less)
gfx card for around $100 (estimate - not sure of market prices now)
hard drive for $50
dvd for $25

thats a total of 415 dollars, but i'm not sure if you need all the parts (maybe you have an older computer to spare parts).

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
For a really tight budget hack, I'd recommend:

CPU: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819116064 E1200 Dual core 1.6ghz $58.99
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800(about $50)
MOBO: GA-P35-DS3L($99)
GFX: Geforce 7300GT ($38)
DVD drive ($30, sata or ide)
80GB hard drive: (sata preferred) ($36)
Total:$311

It's pretty low end, but allows for future upgradability.

rayman121985

rayman121985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Thanks so much buddy!

What hackintosh cd would you go with for this build? Kalaway or iATKOS or maybe something else? Also I am far away from where I can get any connection to an ethernet plug/router. Do you know of any wireless dongles or wireless pci cards I can add that will work with this?

Thanks mucho!

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
Kalyway is generally the most popular, it seems. I'd check in the HCL for wifi stuff.

rayman121985

rayman121985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I know this is not going to be great system but it seems like it will outperform a mac book since it has a 7300 video card! This will be quite a nice little system to play hackintosh with!

One last thing before I order this stuff!

1. Is there any motherboards in the 50ish-60 range. I thought I saw somewhere there was on some post.
2. Is the ATI cards not as good as the 7300? Or maybe its just the 7300 work better. Was just checking b/c I have never had a ATI card and thought it might be cool to try it!
3.I don't need a Ethernet card right b/c the onboard Ethernet should work just fine on this gigabyte mobo?

Thanks for your smart advice buddy! I got everything on newegg ready to roll!

scushkadee

scushkadee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
http://forum.insanel...o...p;p=824656

running it right now and its awesome!

candykane

candykane

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 540 posts
I can do it el cheapo.
ASRock Wolfdale1333-D667 LGA 775 Intel 945GC Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail 49bucks
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)19 bucks after rebate(30)
Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail 70
EVGA 128-P2-N431-LX GeForce 7300GS 128MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail 40
200 dollars flat leave you 150 for sata drives, power keyboard mouse ect. it can be done cheaper but could not find a board with intel video and did not want to give you a celeron chip

Good luck to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy