Intel Dv9000 SLEEP FIX GUIDE FOR LEOPARD!

tommy143

39 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have the same note with you!

I know that the post is for the sleep fix, but i see in your signature that the your hardware em model of the note is the same that i have.

I have tryed very times to install the leopard with dual boot with vista, but i have some problems. I do this, the vista was working and the leopard too, with the tutorial i have found in the net. But after few restarts, the vista be a problem. After the login window, the system report-me that found a critical error and must be restarted. Even report this. And the leopard continues working. Because this, i have to reformat all and keep just the vista, because i have to work.

My question is, how version of the leopard disc you use? Can you tell me anyone how to or tutorial?

Sorry for the language, and for the report. I am brazilian

I hope use the leopard for work, and vista in last case.

In few minutes utilizing the leo, i love!!!

Thanks

Hi,

Looks like you have done some nice work here.

I have a Compaq C700, not all that different from your HP.

Sleep has worked from day one with iATKOS 10.5.1 and through all the updates. (Vanilla/EFI)

The issue for all C700s is not going to sleep, or wakeing up from sleep, but the fan will not return.

I have let the temp go up to 88 deg.c (only twice) and fan will run for about 2 sec. to bring temps down to high 70s, then back off.

If you have any ideas (tried your sleepfix, with no change), it would be awesome!

Thankx

Kenny

BTW, C700 has same issue with audio jacks, and mic........no answers yet :trumpet:

• 1 month later...

I can't get this to work! =/

Screen goes black, harddrives of, but power is still on.

Maybe someone can help with the knowlege of my settings?

Heres my settings:

Currently in use: (AC Power)

sleep 0

displaysleep 20

autorestart 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

powerbutton 1

hibernatemode 0

womp 1

disksleep 10

ttyskeepawake 1

Currently in use: (Battery Power)

sleep 15

displaysleep 5

hibernatemode 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

powerbutton 1

disksleep 10

ttyskeepawake 1

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Edit: Don't know if it matters..but if i let it sleep(or just turn monitor off) automaticly i just get a gray screen when i wake it...

• 1 month later...

This got my battery to show up correctly, but it could have just been a side effect from repairing disk permissions...

This didnt do anything for sleep though. When ever I put it to sleep, or power off (which I'm more concered about), it never fully powers off. The LCD turns off, hard drives stop spinning and everything, but lights still remain on. I always have to press the power button to get it to turn off. Restart works fine though.

Specs:

DV 9700t

2.2ghz core 2 duo

2gb ram

Nvidia 6800 512mb (only 256 showing)

2x 120gb 7200rpm SATA drives

high capacity 8 cell battery

• 1 month later...

hey ppl, i have been trying to get sleep to work on my DV6757 for quite some time now... I have kalyway 10.5.2 setup, and ive been trying this fix constantly in different ways to have it working, i am desperate to have this work, its the only and the most important thing left to be done... need this sucker to go to sleep.

anyway i was wondering, seeing is how most ppl got it working on iATKOS 2.0, what makes iaktos so special? what the exact files we would have to use on the Kalyway install to get the sleep function to work properly, please if anyone knows give us a lil but detailed tutorial.

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive tried the following string in terminal: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0but get this error: Error 0xe00002c9 writing customized power profiles to disk. Is there something else required to get sleep working? Thanks much!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

WARNING: These kext's do NOT work! Followed instructions to the letter and got panic on AppleIntelCpuPowermanagment kext "incorrect core value"

Went in terminal to copy back backup kexts to original locations. Corrected chown and chmod and rebooted. No luck. continues to panic. Tried -f and -x at Darwin no luck.

these are poorly written kexts and avoid them if trying to repair your shutdown issue.

will now have to reinstall.