Genuine Apple Airport Extreme (AR5006EXS) MiniPCIe

ergosteur

7 posts in this topic

I've searched the forums for a while now, and cannot figure out how to get Apple's own Atheros Airport Extreme to work in OSX. I've seen many people who have also bought one of these for use with their hackintoshes.

Anyone who owns one of these cards please report success/failure and your system config.

I personally cannot get it working under OSX on my Acer Aspire 5570Z-2094. I swapped out the OEM AR5007EG card. The Apple card works fine under WinXP and Linux+madwifi, but the wifi switch on the laptop does not work with it.

yeah, i got one from eBay for ~50 including shipping. just open up the laptop, disconnect antennas and replace.

In my case the front wlan led and switch stopped working even in Windows. and if you have a SuperG 108mbps network, the Apple card should work in 108mbps mode.

no luck in OSX86 though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

loo

Failure here aswell, Acer 9815 laptop intel 945 chipset replaced my wireless with Dell1390 card(4311chip)

and now I cant turn it on with the switch on laptop and in no other ways either. Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2

balder

• 1 month later...