Help with ATI Radeon X1300XT (0x71CE1002) on OSx86 Leopard 10.5.1 (iATKOS 1.0i)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

datdallaseg

datdallaseg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've seemed to hit a wall with this one.

I installed Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 using the iATKOS 1.0i installer with the Vanilla kernel and EFI boot. I am running my OSx86 Installation on an Intel Core 2 DUO 6600 Processor on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard. The installation went perfectly, as most of my components and peripherals are working just fine. I have one main problem, though: my video card. It's an ATI Radeon X1300xt (Device ID: 0x71CE1002). It has two DVI outputs and one S-Video output. I have the adapter connected to a Gateway FPD2275W TFT LCD Flat Panel Display via DVI. The System Profiler displays the following about my display set up:

Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71ce
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

So, as you can see, Mac OS X Leopard does not identify my adapter correctly, and QE/CI is disabled, and I am stuck at 1024x768 resolution. I have tried a number of different methods in resolving this, including various versions of Natit which all resulted in a system hang at a blank blue screen, and inserting my Device ID (0x71CE1002) into the Info.plist file in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext Extension which resulted in a kernel panic. None of the ATI drivers included in the iATKOS 1.0i package seemed to work either, as one generated a black screen and the other a kernel panic. I have been troubled by this issue for several days and have been frustrated with over 20 re-installations. I would thoroughly appreciate any help from the members and experts on the InsanelyMac forum. I've tried to provide as much information for you all to make finding a solution as easy as possible. As a quick sidenote, the secondary ID for my adapter is 0x71EE1002. Please help me, I am so close to having a complete installation. Thanks!

dirz

dirz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
same prob. could anyone help?

PooprScooper

PooprScooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 35 posts
ATI x1300/1400 mobility does not work on 10.5.1. You can only get CI software enabled. Nothing you can do except for buying a new graphics card. I have the problem.

Install Mobility.kext

You can modify the resolution with or without the kext installed by editing com.apple.boot.plist:
sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

This is my com.apple.boot.plist; Use your max resolution. Mine is for 17"
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" -v platform=X86PC idehalt=0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Attached Files

dirz

dirz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
x1300xt is not a mobility card, it's almost the same as x1600pro but still has it's own ID and the methods for 1600pro doesn't work :/

PooprScooper

PooprScooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 35 posts
then you're in luck! X1300 for desktop has been found to work for some people. I don't remember which thread it was in, but look for natit, nvinject, titan, atinject drivers

dirz

dirz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you :censored2: I finally got it working with this method =)
Hurray!

But still got problem - working only on VGA output, no DVI support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy