Newest Cider version from Gametap

cantstandable

60 posts in this topic

I've ripped apart Cider from the newest Gametap that was released on the 5th of December.

I've compiled a small list of the versions of Cider which I got from the version.txt under the Frameworks directory.

X3? - 000379

Battlefield 2124 - 000485

Myst Online - 000636

Heroes of Might and Magic V 1.5.1 - 000789

Old Gametap/Oblivion.app - 000823

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 Updated (000947)

New Gametap (5th of December) - 000983

Eve Online - 000993.45017

I've gotten Oblivion to work just fun under the 000983 version of Cider. I don't have any other games to test out yet but this version works perfectly.

I'm going to try Unreal Tournament 3 soon.

Oblivion/Gametap (000983)

So take this version and try it out on all of the games that gave you trouble with graphics or the mouse and post your updates/info.

We need to get a wiki going so it doesn't get cluttered and what not.

Hmmm, this is really weird. I tried this a bunch of times on mine before I zipped it up and it does work. I should update my signature so you can see that I have an actual MBP. What kind of computer are you running?

As long as the game is in Oblivion.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Games/Oblivion

I do have Shivering Isle installed and the newest updates. Let me know what kind of computer you have and I'll see if it's the computer or the game.

I don't have the expansions installed, and I can't get it working fully.

I can't get it working atall from your gametap cider, but when i rip apart the one used for hitman contracts, that one enables me to load all the way into the game, its just not displaying anything 3D, i get all the graphical side, cursor, compass hud, just blue where it should be rending the screen.

Will get the expansions and try your one.

I just tried downloading and setting it up myself and it works perfectly. The only thing I can see going wrong with Oblivion so far is that I have it setup for my laptop. I didn't think to change the screen size in the Oblivion.ini for a standard screen size. So try changing these two settings and see how it works. I have noticed that if the Oblivion.ini has some arguments that Cider doesn't like it just bounces in the dock and then crashes, so you have to try a bunch of different little things to get it to work. I don't mind helping anyone out trying to get it to work so feel free to reply to this thread or by PM. I'll try setting up a separate AIM name as I don't like giving out my personal one.

iSize W=1152
  iSize H=720
  to
  iSize W=800
  iSize H=600

Also, you could try changing some of the arguments in [HD]/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/Config file. These arguments might be causing you trouble since I tried messing with these and it just bounced and then crashed. It could be possible it's crashing because of your video card. I remember reading that the ATI cards had trouble with Cedega/Cider because they couldn't support some shaders or something. I'll see what I can find again and let you know.

"AnisotropicTextureFiltering" = "Y"
  "VertexShaders" = "Y"
  "PixelShaders" = "Y"
  "PixelShadersLevel" = "2.0"
  "VertexShadersLevel" = "2.0"

I'll look into this and see what I can/can't do with them. Also try deleting everything under [x11drv] as that could also be a problem. I'm new to all of this so I'm not too sure what it can be. It took me a good 4-5 hours trying a bunch of different combinations before I found the perfect setup for my MBP.

Also, check out User.reg and fiddle with these settings

[Software\\Wine\\Direct3D] 1196748757
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="pbuffer"
"UseGLSL"="enabled"
"VideoMemorySize"="256"

The "pbuffer" can be changed to "fbo" but then you might need to change the Config file

"GLSL" = "M"
"FBO" = "Y"
"FBOCache" = "Y"
"FBOBackBuffer" = "Y"
"IndexVBO" = "Y"
"DynamicVBO" = "Y"

Sorry, I have 3 finals and 2 papers due tomorrow and I'm more worried about this than my finals (even though they are easy).

Edited by cantstandable

after downloading from the sendspace link in the version.plist it says 823.

you sure you uploaded the newest one, cantstandable?

Woops, I forgot to change the Version.plist to say 983. That Version.plist was from the previous Gametap and I didn't think to update that. I got the version number from the Version.txt in the Frameworks directory. I'm going to fix that and reupload it just to clear any confusion in the future.

Well I'm using the newest version of Shivering Isles with the No-CD patch I found on GCW. I'm also using an actual MBP and not a hackintosh. What are you hardware specs?

Feel free to AIM me at InsanelyGameHelp and I'll see what I can do. I can't promise a whole lot of support today but every break I get today Ill def. do some research.

I now have it working, all I had to do was change the resolution to 1280x960 in the Oblivion.ini :)

Oh yeah, one thing I noticed is that the graphics seem to be set very low, so I was wondering if you set it up that way or if it has something to do with my ATI card and the shader issues.

I now have it working, all I had to do was change the resolution to 1280x960 in the Oblivion.ini smile.gif

Oh yeah, one thing I noticed is that the graphics seem to be set very low, so I was wondering if you set it up that way or if it has something to do with my ATI card and the shader issues.

Awesome. I'm glad you got it working. Let me know how it works and if there are any problems. Feel free to post anything dealing with Oblivion in this forum.

I actually found the Oblivion.ini file floating around here and figured since it worked so well I should just tweaked it from there. I'm actually going to spend some time after finals getting a better Oblivion.ini to have all of the high quality graphics and shaders going. Mine looks pretty good but not as good as it should be. I have another Oblivion.ini and it looks fantastic but has a TON of graphic anomalies, which I can't describe but seems like it displays a bunch of long lines that extend from his hand down to the corner of the screen. Other than that problem it looked fantastic. I'll see what I can do soon. Enjoy!

"I'm going to try Unreal Tournament 3 soon."

interested in this too btw =)

I've tried messing with it for a little bit but it would just bounce then quit. I've found some extra info about it but it looks pretty bad. They are coming out with a linux client and Macworld says that UT3 is coming out with a native Apple client. So I'll keep working on it and hopefully get somewhere as some people have got it working under Wine. I just can't figure out what version of Wine Cider is using.

Anyone have any other Games/Apps that uses Cider?

Have you tried to run Morrowind or Arx Fatalis?

Not yet, I'm going to be trying Crysis, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I'll probably look into a few other games like Unreal Tournament 3 but they are coming out with a native port, so I'm not too worried about that one.

I tried Arx Fatalis, but it says something about game files being missing... I think it needs the registry entries, but I don't know how to import them to Cider.

You have to copy the keys manually from either CrossOver user.reg/system.reg in the ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/??? folder and copy them into the user.reg/system.reg file in the Preferences folder of Arx Fatalis. It's quite annoying. Just don't copy and replace the files as I've found it will just crash Cider.