10.4.11 on AMD

thegodfaza

87 posts in this topic

Note that I'm not only getting bad access from loginwindow.app. I get this when I try to run fsck_ext2:

Host Name:	  dan-orianis-computer
Date/Time:	  2007-11-21 00:02:05.323 -0500
OS Version:	 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
Report Version: 4

Command: e2fsck
Path:	/usr/local/sbin/e2fsck
Parent:  fsck_ext2 [10471]

Version: ??? (???)

PID:	10472
Thread: 0

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:	  KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x00762000

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   e2fsck 	0x00026815 ext2fs_test_bit + 32
1   e2fsck 	0x00026a32 ext2fs_fast_test_inode_bitmap + 35
2   e2fsck 	0x00013631 check_inode_bitmaps + 699
3   e2fsck 	0x0001299c e2fsck_pass5 + 193
4   e2fsck 	0x00005b08 e2fsck_run + 116
5   e2fsck 	0x000051ba main + 2642
6   e2fsck 	0x00001b7a _start + 228 (crt.c:272)
7   e2fsck 	0x00001a95 start + 41

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
 eax: 0x00000000	ebx: 0x00013387 ecx: 0x00643000 edx: 0x00761ffd
 edi: 0xbffffcdc	esi: 0x008f8000 ebp: 0xbffff9b8 esp: 0xbffff9a0
  ss: 0x0000001f	efl: 0x00010246 eip: 0x00026815  cs: 0x00000017
  ds: 0x0000001f	 es: 0x0000001f  fs: 0x00000000  gs: 0x00000037

Binary Images Description:
0x1000 -	0x39fff e2fsck 	/usr/local/sbin/e2fsck
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe49fff dyld 46.9	/usr/lib/dyld
0x90000000 - 0x9016ffff libSystem.B.dylib 	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x901bf000 - 0x901c1fff libmathCommon.A.dylib 	/usr/lib/system/libmathCommon.A.dylib

Yeah I know about these. You can get around them by running the installer form the single user mode "boot with -s", but I don't think they are important anyway.

Turns out those error messages are the reason most things don't work. If you read what they're saying it turns out that the updater script isn't updating most of the framework packages, which is really really bad and probably the reason most programs are refusing to work.

Red Chops

it seems your right these error messages is the reason why everything get's everything f****d up... tryed to run the script in single user same result :angel: well it's a first step if someone could give us a 100% complete runing script maybe all will be good

Yeah, so i tried to update and now I get disarb errors SIGEV TERM {censored}...and boots to blue screen only...

DAMMIT!

any thoughts?

k

I get this and it never boots. Any idea how I might fix this without access to a running mac? I can access the drive with Macdrive in Windows XP and thats it.

Red Chops

it seems your right these error messages is the reason why everything get's everything f****d up... tryed to run the script in single user same result ^_^ well it's a first step if someone could give us a 100% complete runing script maybe all will be good

If you would check your install, you would see that those 'non directory' files are symlinks, and that those symlinks already exist. So in fact, you aren't missing anything in your update proces, all the files requiered are there. Must be something else that's missing..

^ Running in single use mode still gave the same error.

Also now system profiler is now crashing, i'll search for a fix on that.

Then ima have a look to see if it's possible to update to 10.4.11 kernel. I seen something on irc.osx86.hu for channel 10.4.11

Your guide is good, although it was alittle confusion with the way somethings was instructed, for example...

"09) Open up the Terminal and type "cd " then drag the folder from the desktop to the terminal window so it inserts it's path"

for me it would have been easier to just cd in terminal to the directory of the extracted intel patched/decrypted update.

Not meaning to pick at your instructions, but with important update instructions for some it's good to "Hold there hand and walk through it".

I figured it out since i have a good understanding of the update and patch procedures in the scene.

Thanks for the instructions.

During my tries to find the problem with itunes, I found out that when it crashes, it sends this to stdout:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'PPx::OSError'
Abort trap

As I have completely no idea from where this comes, I have no clue where to start searching..

Besides the itunes problem, I also found out that Skype does not work as well.. Am now trying if it works after reinstall..

Ok here's my way explained in more detail and it's quite easy though:

01) Download the 10.4.11 Update DMG from Apple's Site.

02) Mount it and put the Installer on your Desktop

03) Open it in Pacifist

04) Select the Top Root Element and press the "Extract" Button in the toolbar

05) Let pacifist extract all the files

06) Open up Marvin's AMD Patcher and select the extracted directory and use the last Radiobox (Search & Patch) as setting. Wait for it to patch all the files

07) Get my Installer-Script here: http://www.box.net/shared/k78g3q6qu2

08) Place it in the root-directory next to the fodlers (System, Library, bin etc.)

09) Open up the Terminal and type "cd " then drag the folder from the desktop to the terminal window so it inserts it's path

09.5) edit: Sorry forgot that: Make it executeable by typing "chmod +x ./wbg_10411_installer.sh" and press enter

10) Press enter and type "sudo ./wbg_10411_installer.sh" and press enter once more. Now type in your password and follow the instructions

11) The Script will now install all new Files but not a single kext. So you shouldn't need to backup them.

12) Fire up Diskutil and repair the permissions. Typing "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" in the Termianl should also work.

13) Make a reboot and hope for it to work out

By this method I managed to install the upgrade very well. Good luck guys -_-

Guys, use this script below... fixed the copy bugs and all worked perfectly for me itunes and system profiler ;)

#!/bin/bash
  echo "10.4.11 Installer for Tubgirl's AMD Release"
  echo "(c) 2007 by HChKn"
  echo ""
  echo "Make sure this script is located in the extracted dir"
  echo "and already patched with Marvin's AMD Patcher."
  echo "Continue? Press any key"
  read
  echo "Installing Apps"
 tar -cf - Applications | tar -xvf - -C /Applications
  echo "Installing Libs"
 tar -cf - Library | tar -xvf - -C /Library 
 echo "Modding the System Dir (aka deleting dangerous stuff)"
  cd ./System/Library/.
  rm -R Extensions
  rm -R Components
  rm -R FileSystems
  echo "Installing the good System Stuff"
 tar -cf - . | tar -xvf - -C /System/Library
 echo "Well, that's it. Have fun, dude!"
  read

man are you willing to take the risk of giving me a hart attac? what cpu do you have SSE2 or SSE3

SSE3 Athlon 3800 64bit.

But if you were getting copy errors running that script before, then the script will be your problem!

Ok I've done everything, but for some reason when I chmod +x ./blah_blah_blah.sh it wont do anything! When I type chmod {enter} it gives me a list of commands but +x is NOT one of them. Is there something im missing or is my system retarded?

*EDIT*

meh had to use chmod 755 to get it to work no worries reboot time!

Ok all runs good, fixed system profiler. But can't fix iTunes it wont even open now... Some one said earlier I need an old version of carboncore.framework. Does anone know where this is located, I have the tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 release. What package should I look in, that are so many it would take forever to use glitchy pacifist....

post-127647-1197151224_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

got it working with 8.11.1 efi kernel from irc. Non-efi kernel doesnt work for some reason.

You need to backup only AppleSMBIOS, loginwindow and CarbonCore. And do all the pc_efi stuff, of course.

Thanks to all developers :(

With all your help, I finally updated mine to 10.4.11. However, when I click on "About this Mac" , finder restarts . Any help would greatly appreciated .

take AppleSMBIOS.kext and loginwindow.app from 10.4.9 or 10.4.10 AMD

it will help.

Sweet! Thanks to HChKn. kramer2k, and barns I'm now up to 10.4.11. You guys ROCK! ;)

Ok, maybe I spoke too quickly...does anyone know what it is that was changed that would stop Photoshop CS3 from being able to save files? When I try to save anything, I get the following error:

post-42066-1198465599_thumb.png

Any ideas?