Remarkable Ubuntu Poll

Alessandro17

53 posts in this topic

I'm not about to start posting polls that suggest that SuSE, Mandria nor any other distro is, according to a random bunch of people on the internet, bad and evil for X reason. I don't have anything against other distros, only my experience using them, and I'm open to trying new things. However at the end of the day, to date, Ubuntu has been the most consistent, easily configured, non-bloated Linux distro.

Two objections:

1)The poll on top of this thread doesn't suggest that Ubuntu is bad and evil. It only suggests that:

"Over 35% of respondents had major problems either with upgrades or fresh installs."

"Only for about 21% of users Gutsy Gibbon worked flawlessly"

2)This is not a poll by " a random bunch of people on the internet", but a poll run by Ubuntu for Ubuntu users.

I'm probably jumping to judgements here, but it still seems like you only posted this in light of your own negative experiences of Ubuntu. Pardon me if I'm totally wrong, and I know much of our judgement is irrationally shaped by individual events which mean little in the grand scheme of things.

Am I correct that you probably would not have posted a similar poll about SuSE? Not through an intentional choice, but probably because you wouldn't even be looking for negative information about it, and would never find such things.

It's just that if I wanted to, I'm sure I could find plenty of negative experiences on the internet about anything, be it Linux distros, Windows, toasters, cars, or cashmere sweaters, and thus if I decided to hold a grudge against something, I'm sure I could demonstrate it's evils to others... The internet is not a good place to find balanced opinions.