I got WIRELESS drivers by asking manufacturer......

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Atreyu S3

Atreyu S3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I had actually asked for drivers for the same card and the response i got was

"This hardware is not in any current apple product, thus support is not needed".

Its ashame i ripped that laptop apart or else I'd install Leopard again

KibosJ

KibosJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry to drag this up again but I would really like some help. I have everything on my Equium A200-1V0 working great apart from this bloody wireless :D

Install the Realtek drivers from their website, then try to load the software and the icon bounces and just keeps bouncing, then stops responding. I have read that I need to edit the info.plist, but what do I edit in there and to what?

this is what it says in SystemProfiler:

Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x8197
Vendor ID: 0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Version: 2.00
Serial Number: 00e04c000001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Manufacturer_Realtek
Location ID: 0xfd600000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks, James

Sypholux

Sypholux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have read that I need to edit the info.plist, but what do I edit in there and to what?

()
Product ID: 0x8197

James,

Try to change the product ID in your info.plist to 33175 (since 0x8197 = 33175). When you're done, reload the kext as CyanSmoker described in his post.

Regards
Sypholux

KibosJ

KibosJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

James,

Try to change the product ID in your info.plist to 33175 (since 0x8197 = 33175). When you're done, reload the kext as CyanSmoker described in his post.

Regards
Sypholux

Nearly have a perfect working laptop with OS X :D When I connect to my 'n' router it doesn't give me an IP address :( is this because it is 'n' or because it is WPA-2? It does connect to the router but never gives an IP address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

James

Nearly have a perfect working laptop with OS X :D When I connect to my 'n' router it doesn't give me an IP address :( is this because it is 'n' or because it is WPA-2? It does connect to the router but never gives an IP address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

James

It didn't like WPA2-PSK AES lol :D Turned it down on security and it is working now :D I've finally got a working OS X on my laptop hehe YAY!!!!!

estebanrao

estebanrao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey everyone...
Is this driver the one from realtek's webpage which comes with the realtek wlan client utility or it's another one that will recognize my wifi adapter as airport?

thanks!

riddick_kawaii

riddick_kawaii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi guys im desperatly trying to get the realtek client util and rtl8187b drivers working, im getting nothing showing up in the network part of system prefs, every option is greyed out if i try the assist me, eg, ethernet, wireless etc.

The realtek util just bounces a few times and i cant do anything with it.

zelif

zelif

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks, it works with my 10.5.6. This was the last non-working device to stop me useing os x every day.

blazingangel1986

blazingangel1986

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:A Little of Everything

It is universal and it works perfectly. It is the Realtek rlt8171b. It took about 24 hours and they responded. :D Now I am going to try to ask Sigmatel for sound drivers.... ;)

and you couldnt upload these drivers for everybody else why again

HomeЯ

HomeЯ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
guys, i got Toshiba Satellite L500-1KK laptop, i installed Mac OS X and it's working fine, but i'm missing some drivers for :
1- graphics card
2- sound cards
3- internet card
3- wireless internet
4- bluetooth

i need help :(

my laptops specifications are >>
Graphics Adapter: Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD
Processors: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6600
clock speed : 2.20 GHz
Front Side Bus : 800 MHz
2nd level cache : 2 MB
Pointing device: Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control
Wireless Network Support : 802.11b/g
Wired communication: Fast Ethernet LAN - speed: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX

virgili557

virgili557

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I installed this on my 1.5.7, however (along with every other version of this driver) it hangs on boot. The verbose message is "IOKitWaitQuiet(): timed out waiting to write kernel symbols & Interfacenamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce" Anyone able to help?

blazingangel1986

blazingangel1986

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:A Little of Everything

I installed this on my 1.5.7, however (along with every other version of this driver) it hangs on boot. The verbose message is "IOKitWaitQuiet(): timed out waiting to write kernel symbols & Interfacenamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce" Anyone able to help?

whats your model and sys specs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy