opendarwin on a sata drive

caminoix

9 posts in this topic

hello :)

i'm running amd64 so i thought opendarwin should work on it. it looks like the install cd is booting properly but the problem begins when it comes to selecting the drive for install. i have two drives and both are sata, and it looks like opendarwin completely ignores them. it just shows "select the drive..." and nothing more. i can type, pres enter and do whatever i wish without any response.

doesn't opendarwin have any support for sata or do i just need to enable something at bootup?

i'm still a newbie to many things, such as f.ex. knowing what exactly drivers i need... anyway i can't remember ever needing anything called nforce, and i can remember i needed something with via when setting my network card under gentoo. i know it's not the same but perhaps it means something to you?

erm... hope i'm not saying anything really stupid now:

my motherboard is asus k8v-x and i should believe its chipset is via k8t800 or via vt8237 with marvell 88e8001 gigabit lan controller (does it have anything to do?) and radeon 9550 his 128 mb dvi.

hopefully you can understand more out of this :)

• 1 month later...

if you mean support for VIA chipset SATA, then I believe it works... The wiki lists it as supported.

If you are asking about nForce SATA support, the answer is no, there is none :)