6800GT - What "enabler" fits best?

commandata

3 posts in this topic

All,

I finished my first OSX86 installation succesful last night using uphuck 1.4i. (Much more this morning)

THANKS to all who make this possible!

Have been reading a lot in this forum here and others.

Still I miss some things in my picture and hope to sort these out before work ends so I can get things started in the evening. :unsure:

1.) Natit & Titan

I understood Titan and Natit do something equal. Modifying/adding kernel extensions so that the default NVIDIA drivers identify vanilla hardware. Ok that's fine.

By reading through Wiki's and stuff I still did not realise what is the best solution for me using a 6800GT (single screen DVI) with the intention to get CI/QE and OpenGL running.

What driver to use best for 6800GT in which version?

2.) AGPGart

Is AGPGart useful in combination with natit or titan? Does it mean any benefit on Intel machines or is this useless when using natit? (I know what AGP is. Just want to know if it has any positive impacts on performance or is just cosmetical...)

Please help me to bring some light into this.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,

Darius

1.) Natit & TitanI understood Titan and Natit do something equal. Modifying/adding kernel extensions so that the default NVIDIA drivers identify vanilla hardware. Ok that's fine.By reading through Wiki's and stuff I still did not realise what is the best solution for me using a 6800GT (single screen DVI) with the intention to get CI/QE and OpenGL running.What driver to use best for 6800GT in which version?
There is no speed difference, they are only Code Injectors, setting right Keys.Titan for Single Display and Natit for Dual Display
2.) AGPGartIs AGPGart useful in combination with natit or titan? Does it mean any benefit on Intel machines or is this useless when using natit? (I know what AGP is. Just want to know if it has any positive impacts on performance or is just cosmetical...)
On an AMD System it will give speedboost, on an Intel it "can" give in Games. It has nothing to do with Natit/Titan.GUI/Quartz Speed benefits from AGPGart.

I like nvinject best. For some reason, it gives me smoothest performance in scrolling pages with flash animations. I think it has the best overall performance. As for AGP, it could never get my card recognized as AGP so I don't know anything about it.