Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

dixit

2 posts in this topic

So I had a beautifully working 10.4.8 JAS install with my NVidia 6200 256mb AGP card with full QE/CI support. Im dying to get it upto 10.4.10 so I can use my iPhone with it on iTunes. I installed the koolkal 10.4.10 update and this seems more promising then others ive tried, im still getting a kernel panic however the only problem it lists is:

----------------------------------------

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x003AB83F): Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

----------------------------------------

Now ive already tried to copy that AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the backup folder back into the Extensions directory and still no change there. Ive tried to boot this in single user and safe mode and nothing still same thing.

What yall think causing this? Is it the NVidia Titan driver causing this that was installed before on the 10.4.8 setup? Or is this a true Kernel issue with the SSE2 (I have to use SSE2 kernel).

Dixit

I can say for certain now that its not because of the NVidia/Titan driver. I reloaded the OSX to the base 10.4.8 JAS, it loaded fine, and without putting any other modifications (like AGPGart, Titan, Etc) I loaded Koolkal 10.4.10 and still got that ACPI error, so cant be the video driver.

Dixit