"No Battery Is Detected" in Vista MBP - SOLVED!

BillN96

7 posts in this topic

When I originally installed Vista on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp everything worked fantastic. I was very happy with it. After a lot of playing around I wanted to reinstall Vista so that everything is clean when I started to use this as my everyday laptop. Now here is where the problem starts....

I put my Vista Business disc in and do a Clean Install. Everything seems to be working fine except a big red X on my battery in the system tray. When I click on it, it reads "No Battery Is Detected". The battery seems to work fine because I disconnect the power cord and the computer still works. Everything is happy in Device Manager, I tried reinstalling Boot Camp drivers, reseated the battery, and I even reinstalled Vista under battery power hoping it may detect it. I have had no luck.

Has anyone seen this issue or any ideas on how to resolve it? I can't really use it as a laptop if I do not have a battery meter. Thanks for you help in advance.

After trying many different possible solutions there was only one that worked:

I booted up my MBP in OS X, deleted the Boot Camp installer and reinstalled Boot Camp. I had Boot Camp format and reinstall Vista and then everything worked including the Battery Meter. So it looks like it is not enough to just reinstall Vista from within the windows partition. You have to kick off the installation within Boot Camp in OS X. (At least in my case.)

I hope this was able to help someone. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem - but with a little twist: I've been using Vista x32 on my MBP for a while now and the power meter always worked as it should. But after a reboot today, I suddently get this "no battery is detected" message as well :-(

I'm having the same problem - but with a little twist: I've been using Vista x32 on my MBP for a while now and the power meter always worked as it should. But after a reboot today, I suddently get this "no battery is detected" message as well :-(

I have found a solution!

(Actually, somone else posted the solution about 2 weeks ago but I have just found it.)

I had the "No Battery is Detected" message come back over the weekend. After reformatting and reinstalling everything to get rid of the message the first time, I was ready to throw my MBP through the window when it can back. I gave Google one last chance and it did not let me down. It directed me to (http://www.sarcasm.com/it/index.php/2007/0...-under-windows/) for the easiest solution imaginable.

Boot your MacBook Pro in OS X. Then you can boot back into Vista and the battery is there again.

I have tried it and it works like a champ. I hope this help someone out.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...