• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ResX

ResX

InsanelyHack

• Retired
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, People, Macs
Well a few days after I got my iPod stolen one of my friends gave me his "broken" iPod Mini. Turns out all it needs is a new drive (I told him that, but he's just gonna buy a nano), so I'm following this guide to replace it with a CompactFlash Card.

But while its still open I want to do something to the boring silver case. I just dont know where to start. I've been thinking about painting it like this (sans the 16 GB flash card). What kind of paint would I use to do that? I have some really fine sandpaper, but I have no idea what kind of paint would work best on anodized aluminum.

I was also thinking about leaving it unfinished (No silver paint, just aluminum), I just dont know how feasable that is.

If anyone else has any cool ideas or can help me with this one, please post them. Thanks.

ResX

ResX

InsanelyHack

• Retired
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, People, Macs
cmon, noone?

R2k.

R2k.

One minute to midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Music production and sound design
what about air-brush ...

my friend painted his pc case in purple-black ...

you can paint ipod in pink,then stick some sticker on back side,and then paint again in black or dark-blue ...
then just remove sticker(s) and voila ...

darksideofthemoon

darksideofthemoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
or what about putting stickers over it? like this guy (only its a guitar rather than an iPod):

Posted Image

vectran

vectran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
YOu could make it clear, I saw someone on the net do it a while back.

Vlado

Vlado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
You can go to an air-brush shop or smth.Paint it black , then add stickers on the back and paint it white , and so on and so forth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy