Can i change my laptop graphic card?

sbarallat

3 posts in this topic

As far as i can not activate QE&CI in my laptop (vaio fs315h with nvidia geforce go 6400 128Mb) i'm thinking in change the card for another nvidia, if this is possible.

Can someone tell me if it's possible? i have no idea.

If it's possible i would like to use a 256mb card and i'm thinking in serie 7 can someone recommend me a card that works 100%.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As far as i can not activate QE&CI in my laptop (vaio fs315h with nvidia geforce go 6400 128Mb) i'm thinking in change the card for another nvidia, if this is possible.

Can someone tell me if it's possible? i have no idea.

If it's possible i would like to use a 256mb card and i'm thinking in serie 7 can someone recommend me a card that works 100%.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello , check out this page:

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/

But it is very hard and risky business changing graphics in laptops. This MXM-standard for laptop-graphics was a good idea that never took hold, since it would be easier to change graphics in laptops without having to buy a new laptop.

Of course the insane illogical "free-market" system saw this as a disadvantage. They would rather force you to buy a new laptop.

Let's hope for the speedy end of this so-called economic system soon.

But it is possible on some models to switch the graphic chips, there are other sites on this if you spend some time googling...

good luck,

ninetto

I remember reading that using the PCI-E standard, we will soon be able to get external hardware upgrades. I.E. a graphic card outside the computer. Dunno much though.

But unless your laptop has a MXM slot or we get external graphic cards, you cannot change your Graphic Card as they are normally integrated onto the laptop motherboard.