Experience(s) installing Adobe Creative Suite 3 ie. Design Premium, Production Standard, Master Collection etc. ?

edcom

36 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

well this appleSMBios (1.0.6) fix the CS3 crashes, but "about this mac" doesn't work anymore...:D

my hackintosh: Asus P5ld2-VM

Intel Core 2 Duo 1,86

1 Ghz Ram DDR2 667

160 GB Maxtor sata2 7200 rpm

Sound ALC882 (Taruga's patcher works fine)

video Intel GMA 950 (works "out of the box")

Mac OS X 10.4.10 with 8.10.1 kernel

BTW the appleSMBios in 10.4.10 is 1.0.12. (sorry my bad english)

Hi all,

sorry for my noob question, is there a howto for noobs like me that explains what to do with that kext file? i think just dropping it into the map extensions and second do repair disk permissions in disk utility from instal dvd.

is this correct because mine still crash

thnx

Ok, I installed this on a Pentium D AsRock 775i945GZ MB witha Radeon x1650 card and 1GB memory. It installed fine, but still crashed just like on the Inspiron Pentium M SSE2 5412MB ram ATI x300 graphics laptop. Both of these machines were able to run Bridge and Flash Video Encoder, but the others crashed. Both machines had Mac OS installed with JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 Reseed with the PPF applied. If anyone can figure out why the unhacked versions work, that would be great. I originally thought it was because of SSE2/SSE3 issues, but that ended up not being the case. I know this has caused problems before, but it may be related to SMBIOS or whatever it was called. I remember realign where someone was having issues with it in the JaS release and replacing it helped a lot of strange problems with crashing and whatnot.EDIT: I figured out the problem!! It was the AppleSMBIOS extension. I replaced mine with the one linked below and repaired permissions and everything runs like a charm now. Photoshop CS3 Extended opens in like 5-10seconds. Its amazingly fast!AppleSMBIOS: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry255659
Ok, I installed this on a Pentium D AsRock 775i945GZ MB witha Radeon x1650 card and 1GB memory. It installed fine, but still crashed just like on the Inspiron Pentium M SSE2 5412MB ram ATI x300 graphics laptop. Both of these machines were able to run Bridge and Flash Video Encoder, but the others crashed. Both machines had Mac OS installed with JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 Reseed with the PPF applied. If anyone can figure out why the unhacked versions work, that would be great. I originally thought it was because of SSE2/SSE3 issues, but that ended up not being the case. I know this has caused problems before, but it may be related to SMBIOS or whatever it was called. I remember realign where someone was having issues with it in the JaS release and replacing it helped a lot of strange problems with crashing and whatnot.EDIT: I figured out the problem!! It was the AppleSMBIOS extension. I replaced mine with the one linked below and repaired permissions and everything runs like a charm now. Photoshop CS3 Extended opens in like 5-10seconds. Its amazingly fast!AppleSMBIOS: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry255659
Downloaded the link to the Apple SMBIOS extension that everyone was raving about in the several posts just ahead of this (from Nickhamm). It won't actually open on a Mac, but is it even for a Mac, or just a PC? I'm having the same crashing problems on my Mac ever since I installed CS3. Any magic fixes for that? Thanks for any help for a non-technical graphics person.

I installed the Design Premium OSX version. To start with fantastic crack application. Problem. The version of Design Premium is newer than the crack included. Obviously it does not work with OSX86 because once entered the serial through dreamweaver for example or any program it crashes. Although there is hope, when i start up flash encoder it works and i go to help and click register. when i register, it never remembers what i typed in. I can then open any application once (repeat the process after crash). and it will open and work for a couple of seconds then crash once i let go of my click hold on the mouse (while doing this i can actually go into the application with limited clickable use if that makes sense). The programs actually work. It's the registration/licensing that is somehow {censored}ed up. I have already wiped my HD after messing with the license files which in turned stuffed the apps for good. This didn't change a thing after a fresh boot (also upgrading to 10.4.10 didnt help either) and they still crash even if you try a 30 day trial. There are NO fixes as of yet (10 - 06 - 2007). I have downloaded all of the "cracks" even so called updated cracks. Nothing works Hope they Fix this soon. Any Comments on that?

[uPDATE: TRY THE http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=&do=findComment&comment=255659 Link]

Proccesor: P4 3.0 HT Ghz

RAM: 2 GB

Hard Drives: 1 x sata 500 GB (OSX)

1 x sata 250 GB (Vista)

1 x ide 250 GB (Storage) 1 TB in total.

Video Card: Gigabyte 7600 GT Silent

Motherboard: Gigabyte 915P

Tuner: Nova T-500 Dual HD

Monitor: Benq FP20W 1680x1050 DVI - VGA Xbox 360 :unsure:

well this appleSMBios (1.0.6) fix the CS3 crashes, but "about this mac" doesn't work anymore... ;)

Exactly the same... ther must be a particular setting in one of the files that makes the adobe apps crash.

p.s.

or not.. seems t me that the main difference is the binary file AppleSMBIOS, and I don't know how to check what the difference is.. but I don't like, that my "About this mac" doesn't work..

• 2 weeks later...
dreamweaver is very slow and laggy... ]=

Hi. I have the same problem. Dreamweaver runs slow. I think it is AppleSMBIOS.kext.

BTW, there's a new version of AppleSMBIOS.kext, which doesn't crash About This Mac application. (at least in 10.4.10)