Apple Keyboard driver for Windows

sayumin

120 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've got a PC running Windows 7 x86 (32 bit). I've got a wired aluminum Mac board (small variant, no 10 key), and I've tried to install drivers from various sources. I found "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" online, and attempted to install. It got my FN key working for arrow keys and delete. However, my Volume Up/Volume Down/Mute/Pause/Play/Forward/Reverse keys do not work. I tried Poohlo's "AppleKeyboardInstallerx86.exe," but nothing appears on my screen after running the app.

Help would be appreciated.

E: Nevermind, play/pause/reverse/forward works. Volume keys do not.

Same here. i am in Win7 with my "old" Alu wired Keyboard. the driveres from poohlo seem to work except of the Volume buttons. any idea or help?

may it be that tehes keys are already used by any other shotkeys? by pulling F11 my firefox goes in fullscreen mode

• 3 weeks later...

When I try to install this BootCamp64.msi on my Windows Installation, I get erro 2753. I've tried uninstalling everything I did prior to that (I think I had some Bergdoktor and poohlo files already on) but it hasn't helped. At the moment the keyboard works but none of the special functions do. So frustrated! Any help welcomed.

Hi,

This is my first post, so please be nice!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've managed to get my Apple Keyboard working on my Windows 7 machine with no problems.

First off, it's the older wired aluminium keyboard (with the keypad) on Windows 7 x86. I tried installing the drivers which Poolah uploaded (thanks for those). Everything worked with the exception of the volume buttons and eject buttons. So, having read all the posts on this thread, I installed Boot Camp 3.0 (downloaded from PirateBay tut tut), I then downloaded & installed the 3.1 update from Apple's website.

After rebooting the machine all the other keys worked with added bonus of the @ symbol now being assigned to number 2 and the speech marks in the position where the @ usually is on a Windows keyboard.

Hope this helps a bit for people who are struggling.

Cheers,

playbydisk

I've been using my apple aluminum keyboard for a while but there's a bug that's been driving me insane.. wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Every 30-45 seconds or so the alt key will send even if I haven't touched the key. So for example if I'm in notepad and I hold down 'f' it will trigger the file menu on it's own.

This gets extremely annoying when I'm writing in documents as it activates the menus.

I've tried looking this problem up but I can't seem to find any help. I've replaced the keyboard already so it's definitely a software issue?

This happens before and after bootcamp drivers are installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Are these bootcamp 3.1 drivers or 3.0???

Has anyone ben able to get the 3.1 64 bits drivers extracted???

I don't have bootcamp installed so I canot update to 3.1 via apple file since I'm just using the keyboard in windows 7.

Thanks for the help.

After many hours of research , just want to post it in one place:

it attachment drivers for Apple Aluminium Wired Keyboard both for Win7 x64 and x86 enjoy!

Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

Thanks for the driver, I have been looking all over the internet for this. It works like a charm with my 2 batteries keyboard (at least fn+delete does what it supposed to be doing).

Regards,

Marcel.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

Great!

This one worked for me on my Apple Keyboard (small and wired) in Windows 7 32bit environment.

Thanks!

I want to thank everyone for their posts in here, i've read the whole thread and it finally worked! Amazing, love the keyboard :P

I do have one question though...

My previous keyboard had an "Previous" button, just like the F7 on the apple keyboard. I'am used to press the previous button to let the song begin from scratch, but the previous button on the apple keyboard doesn't do that. It only goes to the previous track if i select multiple tracks.

+

With my previous keyboard i used to press SHIFT + "page up & down" buttons and it would select the whole text from my cursor to the bottom or top. This also doesn't work with my apple keyboard

(EDIT: Don't bother, CTRL + SHIFT + PAGE UP does the trick for those who want to know ) :)

Can i fix this somehow?

Thanks!

ps. I'am using the wired keyboard with Win 7 64-bit

Here is what I can tell about a Samsung Q35 Notebook with Win7

I have 2 apple alu wireless keyboards.

(They look the same !! But only from the outside !!!)

One uses 2 batteries

One uses 3 batteries

The one with 3 batteries is recognized in Win 7 (everything, fn-delete for del, volume up/down, eject) with all the nice images that pop up, when you push a special button. In the drivers settings I can see that Win7 chooses the Apple Bootcamp driver.

The one with 2 batteries on the other hand, well, it doesn't like me. I have tried so many things. It only works with the Windows drivers (so no special keys and no keypush-popups) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't make Windows use the Apple Bootcamp driver it uses for the other (so identical looking) keyboard.

Also found an Apple Support entry, that might be related

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3038

If some still finds a way to get the 2 battery mac wireless keyboard working on win 7 on a pc (not mac).... Please tell me how.

thanks a lot man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

worked perfectly on win 7 64 bit

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, no problem! Note, that I did this on a normal Win7-x64-PC (Sony VAIO laptop), not on MAC with already installed Boot Camp. But I'm sure, it does the trick there also.

BR,

Maxim

Maxim,

"Change the value to REG_DWORD and value zero. "

I am confused on this part. on OxFnbehavoir , it shows as "value data 0000 01" and REG_Binary,

so what should I do next? change tht to Reg_Dword? how? please help.

post-699258-1291466731_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.

Open a new window to explore disc content.

Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.

When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.

To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).

Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

Thanks!!! That's the solution!

When I try to install this BootCamp64.msi on my Windows Installation, I get erro 2753. I've tried uninstalling everything I did prior to that (I think I had some Bergdoktor and poohlo files already on) but it hasn't helped. At the moment the keyboard works but none of the special functions do. So frustrated! Any help welcomed.

I have the exact same problem. Installed the bergdoktor 3.1 version (installation worked fine, but no volume buttons etc, so uninstalled it again). Tried to install the BootCamp64.msi and now get this 2753 error.

Reboots or repeated installation/uninstallation of the bergdoktor version does not seem to help.

I'm guessing something is still installed somewhere, but I don't know where.

Tnx alot! it works on my windows 7 64bit! :P:D;)

First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.

Open a new window to explore disc content.

Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.

When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.

To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).

Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

• 1 month later...

Hello

I just bought the aluminium apple keyboard with numeric pad. I installed Boot Camp with just the keyboard drivers, which enables the function keys to work, but the Windows and Alt keys are still swapped (the Command key works as the Windows key and the Option key as Alt). I read somewhere that from the Boot Camp control panel you can make them swap, but every time I try to start it I get this error:

"An error occurred while trying to access the startup disk settings.

You may not have privileges to change the startup disk. Make sure you have administrative privileges and try again"

This happens right after Boot Camp prompts me to elevate, so it's running in administrative mode. This happens even after I disabled "Apple Time Service" and "Apple OS Switch Manager" and rebooted.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. There's no Mac OS X partition or disk in this computer.

Does anybody know a way I can make bootcamp bypass the startup disk routine and launch the control panel anyway?

Also I was thinking, if it can't be bypassed, there are all those keys in the registry under KeyMagic, such as "enable", "start", "type", etc, could it be that one of those keys has the switch to swap the keys?

Note that I know I can use SharpKeys to swap these keys, but I would prefer to do it the native way and not through a patch.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to report that I have the media keys working on the aluminum USB keyboard on a Windows 7 64bit PC. Thank you to all previous posters who made it such a simple process.

The only problem I'm having now is that my keyboard isn't picked up at startup so none of the BIOS setting are accessible. I know that this is a BootCamp issue because before I had installed the drivers and just plugged it in, I was able to use F8 at startup.

Has anyone else had this issue? While I like having the media keys available, I feel that accessing BIOS is much more crucial. The BootCamp version I'm using is 3.0

Thanks.