Spectrum Analyzers , Basic Mixing , and the Intel Mac.

d-_-b

2 posts in this topic

I am having a hell of a time trying to setup some method of montoring the frequencies of my tracks in Logic in hopes of taking a decent stab at mixing. I am very novice when it comes to the art of mixing , and I would really like to become proficient. I need a way to monitor FREQs , and I run Logic Express 7.2 . I konw Logic Pro has Match EQ , but Im just not that much of a baller. Is there a cheaper solution ?

Things I have tried :

Faber Elextroacoustics Toolbox- Seemes like exactly what i needed , yet I have yet to succesfully route the audio to it via Soundflower , JackOSX , or any other method. I have opened a help dialogue with the manufacturers , but nothing is helping.

Spectre - I got this from a "special" place , and its not working correctly.

I also try different presets on plugs i have such as the Wave Arts stuff , but I yearn to understand things fully , as opposed to just placing arbitrary presets on tracks.

Any helps , suggestions , or other information regarding gettign started on serious mixing would be very appreciated. Mixing examples , cheap solutions , or even some Logic compatible templates would be great.I am hungry to dig in and learn , I just wanted to find some direction.

Thanks,

Coma

PS- anyone who has an Intel Mac and has succesfully routed the audio to Faber via soundflower or jack OSX , please PM me!

Shortly after posting this , I found that iZotope's Ozone is a great program for spectrum analysis and mastering with a myriad of presets and snapshot capability.

It's definitely one of the few plug-in spectrum tools for the Intel generation.

Cool!