vmware / OSx86 / hang on start

11 posts in this topic

hi,

im new to this forum and started a thread in the wrong place (OSx86 Installation)... sorry for that. now, here.

my problem:

i tried to install the 10.4.7 Jas in vmware. i partitioned the disk with the disk utillity and installed it. but after a successful installation, the os hangs with the request to restart.

any idea?

j

i have an dell inspiron 9400 with a centrino duo (sse2+3) an nvidia geforce go 7800.

From you screen capture it appears you are booting drom the DVD instead of your Disk Installation.

RAM Disks normally created with the installation DVD not from instlled OS on HD.

Also try -x (safe) option.

MacGirl is cute... wait did i say that :star_sunglasses:

Anyway,

Looks like cant find some of the files, I never got that issue but I couldn't get it to come up with the install screen. I got to the part where is says Lang. and all.

Oh well I am installing with out vmware doing it to the HDD. Seems to work fine. I am running VMWare 5. and I used -vmware.

We will see if it comes out when I get home tonight... woo hoo no more MS system ;)

I had the same problem with VMware. Then I realised that I hadn't installed the correct patch for my processor. Did it, and just worked fine. OS X runs fine in vmware.

where do i get a correct patch for my processor?

thanks, flo