1 reply to this topic

outoftheboxx10

outoftheboxx10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:mostly hardware
i see that the .app just like a .kext is a folder, i've opened the .plist files and seen the format, but if i simply replace the CFBundleExecutable string with the name of the app i just compiled(using gtk libs) it wont run...anyone have any insight on this? do i just need to make an app launcher similar to what has been done for gimp? any advice would be great as it seems to just not want to launch x11 first as it would if i simply double clicked on the binary
-outofthebox

Roach Commuter

Roach Commuter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

i see that the .app just like a .kext is a folder, i've opened the .plist files and seen the format, but if i simply replace the CFBundleExecutable string with the name of the app i just compiled(using gtk libs) it wont run...anyone have any insight on this? do i just need to make an app launcher similar to what has been done for gimp? any advice would be great as it seems to just not want to launch x11 first as it would if i simply double clicked on the binary
-outofthebox

Use Platypus it's an application capable of building custom scripts to launch X11 apps in MacOSX. Gimp was done using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy