help wireless FAST! Got Network Card to Turn ON!

kodak77

72 posts in this topic

i have the netgear WG511T network card...im a newbie and this mac osx dual booting stuff...i got eveyrhting to work properly..Now all i need is to activate my network card..can any1 help me with that?

i also found this orangeware wireless driver or something that was supposed to work for netgear cards for mac or something but idk..can any1 help me with this so that it works?

Edited by kodak77

bump..wat am i supposed to do with the kexts and was i supposed to install the wireless patch that came with 10.4.7 and the wiki didnt help since i know this card will work but idk HOW to make it work..I am a noob at all this stuff so please help me out

the kexts go in /System/Library/Extensions. After you replace, use /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility to repair permissions on the disk. Delete /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and restart your computer for changes to kexts to take effect. simply replacing the kexts isn't sufficient.

this is general kext advice, i have no experience with WG511T nor knowledge or whether the solution you are attempting will work

i dont get it...wth wont this ****ing thing work

i did everything replace kexts and deleted stuff, repaired permissions etc etc

i need some one who has this card and tell me step by step instructions

Edited by kodak77

i dont get it...wth wont this ****ing thing work

i did everything replace kexts and deleted stuff, repaired permissions etc etc

i need some one who has this card and tell me step by step instructions

Dude, if you are going to get this easily upset and frustrated just buy a real mac -then everything will always "just work." OSx86 is running on hardware it wasn't EVER supposed to use, you can't expect {censored} to just work.

So... you might need to edit the plist.

For people to help you we need:

a ) the version & distribution of os X you installed

b ) you hardware model

c ) device and manufacturer ID.

If you look in the tutorials section you will see a tutorial on how to get an Atheros chipset working, follow the wireless sticky by Rammjet.

And, chill out....

Edited by consolation

I got the card showing up! But it only is showing 1 light blinking. It shouls be showing 2, that means its connected to the net but how do i get it connected to net. Its only showing 1 and the wireless icon in the corner says unknown vendor and thats dulled...Some one please help me out fast! im so close to getting this thing to work!

bump..any1 i rele want to get this fixed by tonite..I also dont get that popup that is in rammjets tutorial at the end about the airport being recognized...it always says i have no airport card wen i try and use the airport utility or something

Edited by kodak77

wat do u mean? i just want to get my wireless fixed and im new at this osx86 {censored}. so i wouldnt no wat im doing. I knew it would take a while but i didnt no i would have to go through hell for this..Im gonna finish wat i started.

Nah, his adapter looks perfectly compatible, his vendor/product ids are both in those kexts posted from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry106110

So just to make sure,

you downloaded those two kexts, put them in /System/Library/Extenisons (replacing the old ones), deleted extensions.cache and extensions.mkext in /System/Library/Extenisons. Then repaired disk permissions, and then rebooted.

That should work.