VM 5.5.3 JaS 10.4.8

38 posts in this topic

I have core duo... I´ve tried yesterday but it installs fine but never boots.

Will try again later with Windows NT.

The other guys who installed succesfully are using core 2 duo. I'm using core duo just like you and I can't get it to work. Tried both intel / amd and same problem.

I'm now trying to install it using their configs.

Now its running.

The problem, I think, was with the partition first created with disk utility that let a "blank" space before and after the real one. I shifted to single partition and now it´s booting.

Installed with WMWARE flag, AMD patches and the networking and sound are working fine.

I followed this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...hl=vmware+5.5.3

Could you explain more about the partition? Did you not use the disk utility in the 10.4.8 sse2 + sse3 to format the disk?

Now its running.

The problem, I think, was with the partition first created with disk utility that let a "blank" space before and after the real one. I shifted to single partition and now it´s booting.

Installed with WMWARE flag, AMD patches and the networking and sound are working fine.

I followed this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...hl=vmware+5.5.3

Yes, but instead of ERASING the virtual drive to create a mount point/partition, I used the PARTITION to create a single scheme.

Now I will try to install it using Intel patches. Is it possible? I´ll do that because everytime I try to enable the second processor on the virtual machine it hangs during the boot.

I see, instead of erasing it use partition :) I'll give that a try now with Intel patches. Since Zulu. Walker have installed it with Intel.

The only thing I can't do is disable Intel virtualisation.

Yes, but instead of ERASING the virtual drive to create a mount point/partition, I used the PARTITION to create a single scheme.

Now I will try to install it using Intel patches. Is it possible? I´ll do that because everytime I try to enable the second processor on the virtual machine it hangs during the boot.

Edited by banz

I´m trying it just now. Let´s see what happens. (No FLAGS at this time)

EDIT: Finished installation, but needs -legacy FLAG to boot onto OS!

Edited by asapreta

i use -v -vmware -legacy when installing Intel.

Have install amd patches and it works.. hmm. Exactly same settings as the Intel one as well. I think its because of Intel Virtalisation. I can't disable it in my bios.

Having some problems need help. VMware keeps freezing after the install is done and the system starts the initial system configuration.

First a little about my configuration:

VMware 5.5.3-34685

Lenovo Thinkpad T60

2 GB RAM

RedHat Enterprise Linux 4

I was able to boot from the JaS 10.4.8 combo DVD. I was able to create the partition. I was able to fully install the system (tried installing both the Intel and AMD packages). System reboots fine (and tried starting with all combinations of the -v, -legacy and -vmware flags). Get the first couple of startup screens. With the Intel packages VMware freezes with the first or second screen and with AMD it freezes right after the registration screen.

I have configured the image with the following:

guestOS = "winnt"

paevm = "true"

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

and I have set VMware to use both 1 and 2 cpu's.

And it continues to freeze. I am so close, but I need some help to finish. Any ideas?

• 1 year later...